This position is for the Market Café in our Prepared Foods department.
What is my job:
The job of the Market Café Service Team Member is to provide incredible service by working to promote and sell items within Prepared Foods. A Market Café Service Team Member is responsible for sharing knowledge of food products offered in the Prepared Foods Department, keeping hot and cold food bars full and fresh during service periods, preparing items to guest specifications in all areas of Prepared Foods, and providing engaging service in our Market Café Seating areas. Market Café Servers also assist in supporting the entire operation by demonstrating exceptional people skills, attention to detail and keeping the Market Café clean, neat and organized.
How do I make a difference?
Providing incredible customer service
• Providing incredible customer service by proactively approaching customers in the Market Café, weighing and packaging prepared items as requested, answering questions about products, offering suggestions for compelte meal solutions and responding in a positive and energetic manner.
• Assisting team members by setting up and maintaining Prepared Foods stations; ensuring products are well-merchandised, signs are properly displayed, product levels are maintained throughout the day, and supplies are set up to quickly and efficiently perform tasks and provide incredible customer service.
• Following Wegmans Guiding Principles and department job aides to consistently prepare quality products that meets Wegmans standards, being sure to properly pull and record shrink throughout the day to ensure the freshest products are available for our guests
• Learning and demonstrating an understanding of the offerings; being able talk about menu items with guests in a manner that creates interest and enthusiasm while promoting items by utilizing suggestive selling techniques
• Utilizing resources to gain an understanding of new products and practices to increase knowledge; particularly reading MENU Magazine and the Merchandising guides to learn about focus items within the current season.
• Providing guests wth a reason to return by interacting in the Market Café seating area, building rapport, delivering the best possible service and experience during our guests’ visits.
• Cleaning and breaking down hot and cold bars, chefs case, soup bars, and other areas of Prepared Foods areas, including storing prepared food to maintain freshness and quality
• Properly handling products, using equipment nd keeping accurate logs in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines.
Supporting culinary operations
• Preparing items for service including sauces, side dishes and other items needed
Buffet Server, Food Runner, Culinary Assistant, Table Busser, Catering, Food Service Worker, Customer Service, Food Prep, Food Server, Server, Deli Counter, Line Server, Salad Bar, Café Attendant, Cafeteria Worker
What skills, learnings, and experiences are required?
• Living Who We Are values by caring about the well-being of every person, having high standards as a way of life, making a difference in the communities we serve, respecting and listening to others and making decisions that benefit our customers and company
• Possess teamwork & diversity awareness by listening to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
• Recognize and seek opportunities for continuous learning to gain new understandings, skills and knowledge
• Provide incredible customer service, greeting customers and answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests
• Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring food & human safety practices are strictly adhered to
• Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
• Has knowledge of products used throughout the store and works across departments to provide knowledge based service to assist customers in finding complete meal solutions
• Utilize resources to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics, being sure to share acquired product knowledge
• Learn, use and be able to explain Wegmans sanctioned cooking techniques to assist customers for their success at home
• Possess culinary knife skills which include safely using knives; sharpening and honing the edges of knives; and using them to chop, dice, julienne and mince
What skills, learnings, and experiences are preferred and will set me apart?
• Able to problem solve, anticipating, analyzing, and identifying problems, responding quickly when situations arise and preventing problems when possible
• Customer service experience, preferably in a food service, restaurant, grocery or retail setting
• Work involves continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
• Typical motions include grasping, repetitive and sustained hand and arm movements, bending and reaching, frequent lifting and occasional heavy lifting
• Responsible for moving and lifting an average of 5 – 20 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 50 pounds rarely
• May be exposed to various allergens and work environments, including temperature changes
• Tasks will be performed using and in the proximity of coolers, ovens, stoves and other hot equipment; cooking and kitchen utensils and equipment
• Will be required to spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
• Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a drug screen physical and/or criminal background check
• All Applicants will be screened; only those closely matching the job posting will be interviewed
Similar Roles Include: Food Runner, Busser, Utility, Buffet Attendant, Service Attendant