A glimpse at the job:
When our customers can’t decide between cookies, candy, chocolate or a crunchy snack, the Bulk Department is the perfect place to pick and choose exactly what they want. As a team member in this department, you will be responsible for ensuring all the delicious treats are available for customers to enjoy throughout the day and will go above and beyond to provide the incredible service Wegmans prides itself on!
I will add value by:
- Providing incredible customer service; proactively approaching customers, helping them locate products and answering any questions they might have
- Maintaining the overall appearance and functionality of the department by ensuring bins are refilled to sustain product levels; floors are swept and kept clear of debris; bins are cleaned; scales are maintained and customers are educated on the proper use of the equipment; and display tables are well-merchandised to drive sales and promote seasonal products
- Unloading deliveries as they come in throughout the day, refilling bins with product and stocking the backroom following Simplification processes
- Familiarizing self with products offered and department layout in order to better assist customers
- Following Wegmans recipe to make and package homemade peanut butter, being sure to maintain and clean all necessary equipment
- Working independently in the department; handling a variety of tasks at one time, prioritizing responsibilities to ensure the most important tasks are attended to while keeping customer service as the primary focus in the department
- Upholding food safety standards in the department, ensuring customers are using gloves or scoops when taking products from bins and are not freely sampling loose candy
- Properly handling products and using equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines
What abilities I must bring to the table to be considered:
- Self-motivated with the ability to complete tasks independently in a fast-paced environment
- Provide incredible customer service, greeting customers and answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests
- Possess teamwork and diversity awareness by listening to others’ points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
- Recognize and seek opportunities for continuouslearning to gain new understandings, skills and knowledge
- Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring food and human safety practices are strictly adhered to
- Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
- Utilize resources to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics, being sure to share acquired productknowledge
- Has knowledge of products used throughout the store and works across departments to provide knowledge based service to assist customers in finding complete meal solutions
What will set me apart from other candidates:
- Customer service experience, preferably in a food service, grocery or retail setting
- Work involves continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Typical motions include repetitive hand and arm movements, bending and reaching
- Responsible for moving and lifting an average of 8 – 32 pounds with a maximum weight lifted greater than 50 pounds occasionally
- May be exposed to various allergens
- Will be required to spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
- Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a physical, drug screen and/or criminal background check.
About Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is a 62-store supermarket chain with stores in New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. The family-owned company was founded in 1916. Wegmans is recognized as an industry leader, an innovator, and is known for its strong commitment to the communities where it operates stores. It has been listed among Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies To Work For in America" for five consecutive years.