What is my job:
Our Wine Receiver ensures the finest wines, beers, and spirits are available for customers throughout the day. In this position, you’ll work closely with coworkers as well as outside vendors to ensure deliveries are accurate and the products delivered meet Wegmans standards. You’ll play an important role in getting high quality wines out on the shelves and available for customer to enjoy!
How do I make a difference?
Providing Incredible, Knowledge Based Customer Service
- Proactively approach and engage customers with product knowledge, and answer any questions they have while on the sales floor about wine, beer, and spirits
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers and product vendors
- Provide customers with wine tastings by properly setting up and demonstrating products, following wine sample programs, and adhering to all state and store regulations
- Perform all steps in the checkout process including properly scanning and bagging items at a rate that meets store requirements, accepting and processing different forms of payment and making accurate change
- Manage the special order process by packaging, storing, and contacting customers regarding their orders
Ensuring High Quality Products & Ingredients
- Verify all incoming deliveries by ensuring the quantity and type of products received are correct and match invoices, checking for overages, shortages or other discrepancies in products, refusing delivery of products that do not meet standards
- Unload deliveries, break down pallets and organize and maintain back room for efficient processing following the Simplification guidelines
- Assist departments in tracking and processing vendor credits for overages, shortages, damages, etc.
- Keep track of records for the receiving area, including billing, credits, transfers, inventory, damages and variances
- Uphold state regulations and store policies during the sale of alcohol with no exceptions or violations
Living Who We Are
- Support, encourage, and respect co-workers
- Work with supervisor to set and achieve goals for professional development
- Comply with Wegmans Policies and Work Rules, as well as, federal and state laws
- Maintain open lines of communication with supervisors and coworkers to ensure the most efficient operations in the department
What skills, learnings, and experiences are required?
- Possess basic computer keyboarding and navigation skills
- Knowledge, passion and experience working with wine, beer, and/or spirits
- Living Who We Are values by caring about the well-being of every person, having high standards as a way of life, making a difference in the communities we serve, respecting and listening to others and making decisions that benefit our customers and company
- Possess teamwork & diversity awareness by listening to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
- Recognize and seek opportunities for continuous learning to gain new understandings, skills and knowledge
- Provide incredible customer service, acknowledging customers, listening to their needs, proactively offering assistance and thanking each customer for shopping with us
- Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring food & human safety practices are strictly adhered to
- Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
- Has knowledge of products used throughout the store and works across departments to provide knowledge based service to assist customers in finding complete meal solutions
- Utilize resources to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics, being sure to share acquired product knowledge
- Able to problem solve, anticipating, analyzing, and identifying problems, responding quickly when situations arise and preventing problems when possible
What skills, learnings, and experiences are preferred and will set me apart?
- Customer service/receiving experience in food service, grocery or retail setting
- Experience ordering product and handling inventory
- Proficient in Windows based software including Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Work includes standing for up to 4 hours without a break, walking, repetitive hand and arm movements, occasional to frequent lifting, bending and reaching, along with interaction with co-workers and vendors in a fast-paced environment.
- The average weight range of items lifted is 5-40 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 50 pounds rarely to occasionally.
- Work is performed indoors and in cold temperatures with some seasonal outdoor temperatures and weather.
- You will use power equipment, baler, and compactor.
- Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a drug screen physical and/or criminal background check
- All Applicants will be screened; only those closely matching the job posting will be interviewed