Want a job you'll LOVE?
Our Catering department makes party planning easy by offering a variety of cuisines, solutions for any occasion and occasionally hosting events in our banquet rooms. In this area, you’ll work with customers to determine event needs and offer suggestions and additional services to make each event successful. If you enjoy party planning and are looking for an opportunity to help customers, this could be the role for you!
Looking for Career Growth? Watch our video! http://youtu.be/Bw7gG0U6DqM
How do I make a difference?
Providing Incredible, Knowledge Based Customer Service
- Answer telephones, greet walk-ins, take orders, and respond to customer inquiries while offering suggestions and solutions to meet their event needs
- Utilize catering brochures and other materials to up-sell packages and offer additional products/services
- Host a variety of special occasions from birthday parties to corporate events.
Provide fine dining experience for all guests.
Ensuring High Quality Products & Ingredients
- Gather any additional products requested to complete catering orders (paper products, etc.).
- Enter data into catering system (C-Board) to ensure accuracy
- Properly handle products, use equipment, keep accurate logs and follow sanitation practices in accordance with food and human safety guidelines and
Simplification 5S procedures
Living Who We Are
- Support, encourage, and respect co-workers
- Work with supervisor to set and achieve goals for professional development
- Comply with Wegmans Policies and Work Rules, as well as, federal and state laws
- Maintain open lines of communication with supervisors and coworkers to ensure the most efficient operations in the department
Seeking Candidates Who…
- Live our values: caring, respect, empowerment, making a difference, high standards
- Possess teamwork & diversity awareness
- Seek continuous learning opportunities
- Provide incredible customer service
- Ensure food & human safety
- Possess organizational skills
- Provide knowledge based service
- Educate self and others about product knowledge
- Use and explain Wegmans cooking techniques
- Possess culinary knife skills
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Prepared Foods experience preferred
- Catering/Banquet operation knowledge preferred
- Work involves continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Typical motions include frequent handwriting and use of personal computer and telephone
- Responsible for moving and lifting 5-10 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 30 pounds occasionally
- Will spend the majority of time sitting, walking and standing on his or her feet without a break for up to 4 hours
- May be exposed to various allergens and work environments, including temperature changes
* Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a drug screen physical and/or criminal background check. All Applicants will be screened; only those closely matching the job posting will be interviewed