What is my job:
To provide subject matter expertise to shape the strategic direction of health plans, and to manage the plans and vendor relationships. To make recommendations to senior management for health plan changes that support our company strategies and vision. To help drive the company priority of helping our employees live healthier better lives.
How do I make a difference?
Continuously Improving Results
- Provide subject matter expertise on topics related to employee health care benefit plans
- Create, implement and maintain competitive benefits programs that are effective in attracting and retaining quality employees while controlling costs. Think strategically, anticipating future trends and incorporate them into the organizational plan.
- Use data and technical knowledge to identify opportunities and develop specific health plan design recommendations for consideration by senior management
- Understand and stay knowledgeable of benefits related legislation and emerging industry trends
- Educate/speak on the vision and strategy of our company’s health care philosophy
- Partner with Employee Communications to create Benefit Plan related materials
- Work closely with HR Services to make recommendations that are inclusive of total compensation
- Work with vendors to negotiate health care initiatives that support our company philosophy of living healthier, better lives
- Oversee the team responsible for benefits planning, and the accuracy and integrity of budgeting, trend analysis, and performance metrics
Living Who We Are
- Provide each employee the opportunity to be successful by ensuring necessary resources are available, performance reviews and feedback are provided in a timely manner
- Interview, select and arrange training of new team members, and manage personnel issues
- Lead by example and use the Who We Are philosophy to create an empowering and safe work environment, ensuring employees are complying with Wegmans policies and procedures
- Work hands-on with employees to teach, encourage, and empower them to take on new responsibilities while utilizing training and career development planning tools to monitor progress
- Maintain and encourage two-way communication by reaching out and getting to know all employees
- Embrace diversity of people and thought by leveraging differences to make the department stronger, and listening to others’ perspectives and including them in decision making processes
- Preserve our culture and focus on Keeping Wegmans the Best by putting our people first and living our values to ensure Wegmans remains a great place to work
What skills, learnings, and experiences are required?
- 5 or more years of health care related experience including knowledge of health care system and laws and experience with plan design and program implementations
- 2 or more years of experience managing others
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, HR or related field
- Actively communicate the company vision and values to all and ensure work is completed in line with the organization's priorities and goals (integrates Who We Are & What We Do)
- Managing change by gaining a commitment to change using patience, two-way communication and developing a clear picture of the future while supporting our people through transitions and deep rooting the change in their areas
- Conduct accurate cost benefit analysis in order to invest where most the value is added
- Show a customer solutions focus, listening to customers and making decisions with their current and future needs in mind, focusing efforts on building customer relationships and providing incredible service
- Easily build relationships with others, gaining trust and support, finding common ground and using team-based approaches to solve problems and achieve goals
- Comfortable managing through systems, making things work through others without being there; establishing and communicating a clear direction that allows managing from a distance
- Exhibit enthusiasm & knowledge, leveraging available resources to seek out the best quality products and solutions that we are proud of and meet our high standards
- Ability to influence or cause change in thought or actions through verbal and written communications
- Demonstrate teambuilding by communicating a common purpose, empowering team members to contribute their best and selecting candidates with a variety of skills and styles for inclusion on the team
What skills, learnings, and experiences are preferred and will set me apart?
- Master’s Degree in Business, HR or related field
- Possess strategic business planning skills seizing opportunities for continuous improvement to shape the future direction of a department; facilitating others through the development of long-term goals; creating competitive and breakthrough strategic plans
- Ability to drive innovation, seizing opportunities to put creative ideas into action. Can look beyond today to inspire and motivate teams to strive for higher standards and lead the innovation process to develop strategies and drive change
- Works involves continuous interaction with co-workers in fast-paced environment
- Work includes sitting for prolonged periods, along with repetitive hand and arm movements
- Work requires frequent use of the telephone and computer
- Responsible for moving and lifting an average of 1 – 5 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 10 pounds occasionally
- Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a drug screen physical and/or criminal background check
- All Applicants will be screened; only those closely matching the job posting will be interviewed
About Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is a 62-store supermarket chain with stores in New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. The family-owned company was founded in 1916. Wegmans is recognized as an industry leader, an innovator, and is known for its strong commitment to the communities where it operates stores. It has been listed among Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies To Work For in America" for five consecutive years.