A glimpse at the job:
If the scents of baking bread, pies, doughnuts and other treats wafting through the air put a smile on your face, then a Wegmans Customer Service Bakery position could be the perfect role for you. You’ll work with a team of dedicated and enthusiastic people to provide the freshest, most delicious products throughout the day. You’ll use your passion for the products to provide the best service to customers and ensure they leave the department satisfied.
I will add value by:
- Proactively approaching customers, educating them about products and answering any questions, helping them locate items and offer suggestions to complete their meals
- Preparing products to go out in displays including slicing breads, packaging and labeling bakery items
- Ensuring products are available for customers throughout the day by maintaining product levels in eye-appealing displays
- Rotating products to ensure freshness, pulling and recording shrink on a daily basis
- Following production lists when prioritizing and completing tasks, preparing items at the correct times throughout the day to help maintain product levels in the department
- Utilizing job aides when preparing party trays and other special orders to ensure success and consistency every time
- Working with team members to efficiently complete tasks throughout the department, communicating any concerns or issues with a team leader
- Following all safety and food safety regulations when performing duties in and around the department and when preparing & handling all products
What abilities I must bring to the table to be considered:
- Provide incredible customer service, greeting customers and answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests
- Possess teamwork and diversity awareness by listening to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
- Recognize and seek opportunities for continuouslearning to gain new understandings, skills and knowledge
- Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring food and human safety practices are strictly adhered to
- Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
- Utilize resources to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics, being sure to share acquired productknowledge
- Learn, use and be able to explain Wegmans sanctioned cookingtechniques to assist customers for their success at home
- Has knowledge of products used throughout the store and works across departments to provide knowledge based service to assist customers in finding complete meal solutions
What will set me apart from other candidates:
- Customer service experience, preferably in a food service, grocery or retail setting
- Experience working in a bakery
- Continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Will spend majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
- Typical motions include repetitive hand and arm movements, bending and reaching
- Will be responsible for moving and lifting an average of 1 – 20 pounds of product with an occasional need to lift a maximum of 50 pounds
- Work involves exposure to various temperatures and equipment including coolers, freezers and ovens
- Work requires safe and proper handling of cooking and baking utensils including knives
- May be exposed to various allergens
- Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a physical, drug screen and/or criminal background check.
About Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is a 62-store supermarket chain with stores in New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. The family-owned company was founded in 1916. Wegmans is recognized as an industry leader, an innovator, and is known for its strong commitment to the communities where it operates stores. It has been listed among Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies To Work For in America" for five consecutive years.