What is my job:
The Refrigeration Mechanic II will work in collaboration with team members to complete repairs and preventative maintenance on refrigeration and HVAC equipment while following proper safety protocol.
Note to Applicant:
This position will require extensive travel to various store locations in the MD Division. Candidates must possess a flexible availability, including the ability to work weekends and provide off-hour support.
How do I make a difference?
• Repairs food market refrigeration and HVAC equipment
• Determines best practices for repair work and assesses downtime with store personnel
• Performs preventive maintenance on refrigeration and HVAC equipment
• Performs all other associated skilled tasks such sheet metal fabrication, assembly of components within the equipment being repaired
• Maintains energy management systems
• Uses basic methods for diagnosis on refrigeration and HVAC controls systems
• Creates and maintains preventative maintenance records on all equipment worked on
• Knowledge of secondary glycol racked systems as well as conventional DX racked systems
• Repairs self-contained cases and repairs rooftop HVAC units of all types
• Identifies and diagnoses power related problems on refrigeration systems
• Maintains truck parts inventory
• Maintains and organizes servicing of vehicles
• Understands and complies with food and human safety procedures while performing maintenance tasks.
• Works effectively with a team, assisting other personnel as necessary to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner
• Communicates effectively with team members, supervisors, and customers
• Maintains Wegmans high standards of quality and incredible customer service at all times
What skills, learnings, and experiences are required?
• At least 3 years of commercial refrigeration field experience in the supermarket industry
• Technical training through apprenticeship, RSES, trade school, or equivalent work experience
• Knowledge of refrigeration, high and low voltage electrical systems, hydrodynamics (glycol) and hydraulics
• Sound mechanical ability, as well as experience with welding and plumbing
• Knowledge of layout and design techniques
• Proficient with the use of a laptop computer, possessing the ability to interface with building management systems, on board control systems, and manufacturer’s PLC based control systems
• CFC Licensed
• Knowledge of appropriate safety procedures
• Living Who We Are values by caring about the well-being of every person, having high standards as a way of life, making a difference in the communities we serve, respecting and listening to others and making decisions that benefit our customers and company
• Possess teamwork & diversity awareness by listening to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
• Recognize and seek opportunities for continuous learning to gain new understandings, skills and knowledge
• Provide incredible service and gain the trust and respect of others by providing accurate information and responding to situations in a timely manner, listening carefully and acting with customers in mind
• Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring food & human safety practices are strictly adhered to
• Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
• Write and speak clearly, concisely and with tact in a variety of settings using effective communication skills; demonstrating empathy and respect for others at all times
• Possess data entry skills and can easily navigate between computer screens, interpret and input information correctly utilizing proper keyboard techniques, treating company and other sensitive material with professionalism and confidentiality
• Inform others using various communication tools to provide meaningful, accurate information people need to make decisions
• Relate well to others using interpersonal savvy to foster two-way communication and develop effective relationships; recognize differences in communication styles and maintain composure
• Able to problem solve, anticipating, analyzing, and identifying problems, responding quickly when situations arise and preventing problems when possible
• Maintain a safety focus by ensuring safety standards are followed, teaching safety practices to employees, looking for ways to improve safety, solving safety problems, and looking for ways to exceed safety standards and reduce risk potential
• Will be exposed to climate changes; work is performed inside freezers, near bakery ovens, and on building rooftops. May be exposed to various allergens.
• Work includes walking, standing, repetitive hand and arm movements, heavy lifting (up to 55 pound objects), bending and stretching
• Work includes interaction with co-workers, store personnel, contractors and customers
• Work also includes the use/operation of various power equipment and tools as well as use of Freon, oils, lubricants, etc.
• Work includes use of all necessary technical gauges and equipment required to perform tasks
• Must be 18 years or older
• Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a drug screen physical and/or criminal background check
• Will be required to submit to a Driver's Abstract and anyone driving a non-CDL type company vehicle may be subject to evidence of satisfactory completion of a recognized driver training program.
• All Applicants will be screened; only those closely matching the job posting will be interviewed