A glimpse at the job:
If you love the smell of fresh cut flowers and are looking for the opportunity to increase your knowledge about floral products and create beautiful arrangements for customers, then a Customer Service Floral position could be for you. In this role, you’ll work with team members to ensure customers have access to their favorite flowers and will assist them in making the best floral selection for whatever their needs may be.
I will add value by:
- Providing incredible customer service by proactively approaching customers, offering floral suggestions and recommendations suited to their needs answering any questions about products and ensuring they have the knowledge to properly care for their purchases at home
- Learn and use design techniques to create floral arrangements for sales floor and special orders, being sure Wegmans Signature design elements are represented and customer requests are met
- Wrapping flowers for customers, adding personalized touches to bouquets
- Seeking to learn about the different varieties of flowers offered in the department as well as techniques for building arrangements and bouquets to grow and develop professionally, being sure to share acquired knowledge with customers
- Unloading deliveries and setting up sales floor, coolers and merchandise wall, ensuring the department is well merchandised to showcase high quality, fresh flowers and arrangements
- Taking customer orders for specialty arrangements, being sure to accurately collect information
- Working with team members to maintain the overall appearance of the department, ensuring flowers and plants are watered and look healthy, pulling any product that does not meet Wegmans standards of quality and reacting with a sense of urgency to ensure the freshness of the department is always maintained
- Properly handling products and using equipment in accordance with safety guidelines, understanding the fragile nature of flowers and plants
What abilities I must bring to the table to be considered:
- Understand and follow best floral practices and design techniques in the department
- Provide incredible customer service, greeting customers and answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests
- Possess teamwork and diversity awareness by listening to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
- Recognize and seek opportunities for continuouslearning to gain new understandings, skills and knowledge
- Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring food and human safety practices are strictly adhered to
- Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
- Utilize resources to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics, being sure to share acquired productknowledge
- Has knowledge of products used throughout the store and works across departments to provide knowledge based service to assist customers in finding complete meal solutions
What will set me apart from other candidates:
- Customer service experience, preferably in a florist, food service, grocery or retail setting
- Knowledge of, passion for and experience working with various flowers
- Floral arrangement/ design experience
- Work involves continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Typical motions include repetitive hand and arm movements, bending and reaching
- Responsible for moving and lifting an average of 1 – 10 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 50 pounds occasionally
- May be exposed to various allergens and cold temperatures
- Will be required to spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
- Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a physical, drug screen and/or criminal background check.
About Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is a 62-store supermarket chain with stores in New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. The family-owned company was founded in 1916. Wegmans is recognized as an industry leader, an innovator, and is known for its strong commitment to the communities where it operates stores. It has been listed among Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies To Work For in America" for five consecutive years.