A glimpse at the job:
Because of numerous and passionate hard-working employees, we are able to provide our customers with great tasting prepared Asian foods throughout each day. In the role of a Customer Service Asian Bar team member, you will be responsible for ensuring all the delicious prepared foods our customers have come to know and love are available at the buffet for them to enjoy. You will serve as a vital member of the team; making sure the buffet area is well-maintained and meets the high standards our customers have come to expect.
I will add value by:
- Maintaining the overall appearance, including product & supply levels, of the Asian Foods bar; ensuring products are available for customers to enjoy throughout the day
- Assisting team members with a variety of responsibilities including bringing prepared foods to the buffet and replenishing items as necessary throughout the day, and any other tasks determined by management
- Ensuring the buffet is completely set up, including proper signage for each item, all items are in their correct locations, supplies are available and accessible, and the cleanliness of the buffet is well maintained at all times
- Maintaining temperature logs and accurately recording the temperature of products as specified times to ensure the highest standards of quality are adhered to; communicating any concerns with the Team Leader
- Properly handling all products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines
What abilities I must bring to the table to be considered:
- Provide incredible customer service, greeting customers and answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests
- Possess teamwork and diversity awareness by listening to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
- Recognize and seek opportunities for continuouslearning to gain new understandings, skills and knowledge
- Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring food and human safety practices are strictly adhered to
- Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
- Utilize resources to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics, being sure to share acquired productknowledge
- Learn, use and be able to explain Wegmans sanctioned cookingtechniques to assist customers for their success at home
- Has knowledge of products used throughout the store and works across departments to provide knowledge based service to assist customers in finding complete meal solutions
What will set me apart from other candidates:
- Customer service experience, preferably in a food service, restaurant, grocery or retail setting
- Work involves continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Typical motions include repetitive hand and arm movements, bending and reaching
- Responsible for moving and lifting an average of 5 -20 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 50 pounds rarely
- May be exposed to various allergens and work environments, including temperature changes
- Tasks will be performed in the proximity of coolers, ovens, stoves and other hot equipment
- Will be required to spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
- Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a physical, drug screen and/or criminal background check.
About Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is a 62-store supermarket chain with stores in New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. The family-owned company was founded in 1916. Wegmans is recognized as an industry leader, an innovator, and is known for its strong commitment to the communities where it operates stores. It has been listed among Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies To Work For in America" for five consecutive years.