A glimpse at the job:
In the role of a Restaurant Manager at Next Door you will be given the opportunity to manage and coordinate the day-to-day operations of the restaurant to ensure its on-going success. You will oversee and work closely with the service team to ensure they are providing incredible service to guests and are utilizing the training you provide. Combining industry knowledge and experience with an ability to produce a culture of positivism and energy for your employees, your role as a Restaurant Manager will be integral in creating a dining experience guest will want to come back to.
I will add value by:
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the restaurant by ensuring the staff is meeting or exceeding the expected levels of food and service; writing schedules for service team employees to ensure staffing needs are met for daily operations as well as special events; managing payroll; ensuring the facility is in good working order and compliant with state and federal laws and regulations; etc.
- Ensuring Restaurant leadership is represented by maintaining a presence on the dining floor; assisting in performing any tasks on the floor as necessary and working towards growing relationships with guests, creating a positive and energetic atmosphere at every table while providing incredible customer service and a reason to return
- Acting as a resource on dining operations for the staff; providing mentoring, training and coaching as necessary to ensure s/he is best able to perform his/her job
- Conducting required and recommended training to the restaurant staff; ensuring they are provided with the tools and resources needed to best perform their job responsibilities and meet the needs of the customer as well as the restaurant
- Holding restaurant employees accountable for their performance and ensuring policies are adhered to; being sure to provide information on performance to both the General Manager (GM) and Assistant General Manager (AGM) and assisting the AGM with completing performance reviews for service team employees
- Partnering with the GM and AGM as well as the Restaurant Event Coordinator to ensure the on-going success of the Restaurant and recommend ways to grow revenue
- Assisting the AGM with controlling beverage inventory and ordering all supplies to ensure operation needs are met and there is a balance in available inventory
What abilities I must bring to the table to be considered:
- Minimum 2 years experience in an upscale restaurant/ hotel management
- Supervisory experience, particularly in a restaurant setting, setting up events and evaluating resources
- Proficient in Windows-based software including Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Ability to balance providing incredible service with ensuring laws and policies (i.e. 100% proofing policy for the sale of alcohol) are strictly adhered to
- Understand, recognize and implement the company values; striving to make a difference by empowering employees and promoting high standards and excellence in all areas (Who We Are)
- Use available resources to pursue goals and challenges with the intent of achieving results, striving for continued excellence and taking appropriate risks (Managing the 5 Measures)
- Have a feel for business and collaborate with others to coordinate merchandising programs and other strategies focused on meeting customer needs, inspiring others to act on the merchant vision. Analyze market area and benchmark with competition to identify unique products and services
- Demonstrate teambuilding by communicating a common purpose, empowering team members to contribute their best and selecting candidates with a variety of skills and styles for inclusion on the team.
- Drive knowledge based service by encouraging employees to learn about products and providing hands-on training that can be used to educate both customers and employees.
- Practice process management, organizing and coordinating activities and/ or people to get things done through execution and monitoring of recurring processes to achieve a high level of performance; separate and combine tasks into an effective workflow by maximizing resources and providing assistance when needed and supervise output ensuring standards are adhered to
- Possess strong listening skills and hear many points of view without bias, asking clarifying questions to check for understanding
What will set me apart from other candidates:
- Court of Master Sommelier, entry level certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in hotel management, food services or equivalent field
- Experience managing inventory
- Ability to effectively conduct business and deal with all levels of people, both internally and externally
- Employment may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a physical, drug screen and/or criminal background check
About Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is a 62-store supermarket chain with stores in New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. The family-owned company was founded in 1916. Wegmans is recognized as an industry leader, an innovator, and is known for its strong commitment to the communities where it operates stores. It has been listed among Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies To Work For in America" for five consecutive years.