A glimpse at the job:
As a Pharmacy Call Center Representative, you will be the first voice a customer hears when they contact their Wegmans Pharmacy. When it comes to our customers’ health, we realize how essential it is to have the best people assisting them and acting as ambassadors of incredible customer service. In this role, you will have the opportunity to field calls and speak directly to customers, ensure their requests are met and questions are answered. If you’re passionate about helping people and have an exceptional phone personality, conveying a smile with your voice, this could be the job for you!
I will add value by:
- Providing incredible customer service by being ready and able to answer a high volume of calls; assisting customers with any questions, concern or requests with the aim of a first call resolution
- Effectively communicating with store pharmacists and technicians, being sure to include any pertinent information about a customer and their prescription, maintaining all pharmacy logs and records and checking on store’s workflow when processing special requests
- Seamlessly transferring customers from call center to store pharmacy, relaying all relevant information in order for the store to best serve the customer
- Comfortably navigating around computer screens while simultaneously assisting customers on the phones and inputting information
- Maintaining open lines of communication with doctors’ offices, insurance companies and other healthcare professionals to research and resolve customer concerns related to third party claims, refills, etc.
- Striving to meet or exceed team averages and personal goals for the number of calls taken per hour, talk time per call and other statistics
- Complying with all Wegmans policies, state and federal laws affecting the department
- Using teamwork practices to collaborate with other call center representatives to best meet customer needs
- Continuous interaction with customers and frequent interaction with co-workers and the stores in a fast-paced environment; Work duties are primarily performed independently in an office setting; Tasks require constant and simultaneous use of the phone and computer
- Will spend majority of time at a desk, sitting for up to 4 hours without a break
What abilities I must bring to the table to be considered:
- Possess data entry skills and can easily navigate between computer screens, interpret and input information correctly utilizing proper keyboard techniques, treating company and other sensitive material with professionalism and confidentiality
- Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and react to a variety of situations at one time
- Write and speak clearly, concisely, and with tact in a variety of settings using effective communication skills; demonstrating empathy and respect for others at all times
- Call center experience; Medical or insurance background
- Ability to use problem solving techniques to anticipate, analyze and identify problems; responding quickly when situations arise and preventing problems when possible; Inform others using various communication tools to provide meaningful, accurate information people need to make decisions; Relate well to others using interpersonal savvy to foster two-way communication and develop effective relationships; recognize differences in communication styles and maintain composure
· Employment at Wegmans maybe contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a physical, drug screen and/or criminal background check.
About Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is a 62-store supermarket chain with stores in New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. The family-owned company was founded in 1916. Wegmans is recognized as an industry leader, an innovator, and is known for its strong commitment to the communities where it operates stores. It has been listed among Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies To Work For in America" for five consecutive years.