What is my job:
The job of the Steward is to ensure the kitchen staff, servers, and bartenders have clean dishes and supplies needed to prepare and serve our unique menu and beverage offerings. This position provides an opportunity to work as a team player where your work will contribute to the bigger picture while gaining an introduction to food preparation skill. Note to Applicant: Must be available evenings, nights and weekends How do I make a difference? Assisting with kitchen operations
What skills, learnings, and experiences are required?
- Providing incredible service to Next Door employees by ensuring dishes, containers, utensils and other supplies are properly cleaned and sanitized on a timely basis
- Setting up and operating dishwasher equipment; filling and emptying dishwasher throughout the day to maintain a constant flow of clean dishware and supplies the kitchen
- Manually washing dishes before loading into the dishwasher to ensure the cleanest and most sanitary wash possible
- Maintaining the overall appearance and cleanliness of the kitchen and dishwashing area to ensure work gets completed in the most effective and safest way possible; disposing of trash, recycling and oil in an efficient manner
- Keeping the kitchen floors clear of debris and ensuring garbage and recyclables are disposed of throughout the day
- Supporting restaurant operations by putting dish loads away and performing other kitchen duties as necessary, including some food prep work
- Assisting with receiving of products, stock rotation and general kitchen organization and cleanliness
- Properly handling all products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines, as well as complying with all applicable State Restaurant Health Codes and Regulations
What skills, learnings, and experiences are preferred and will set me apart?
- Possess teamwork and diversity awareness by listening to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
- Recognize and seek opportunities for continuous learning to gain new understandings, skills and knowledge
- Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring food and human safety practices are strictly adhered to
- Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
- Experience in a food service, grocery, or restaurant setting
- Dishwashing experience
- Utilize resources to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics, being sure to share acquired product knowledge
- Able to problem solve, anticipating, analyzing, and identifying problems, responding quickly when situations arise and preventing problems when possible
- Write and speak clearly, concisely and with tact in a variety of settings using effective communication skills; demonstrating empathy and respect for others at all times
- Work includes repetitive hand and arm movements, standing and walking for long periods, pivoting and trunk twisting, along with continuous interaction with coworkers in a fast paced environment.
- Average weight range of items lifted is 1- 10 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 50 pounds occasionally.
- May be exposed to various allergens (things that may cause an allergic reaction).
- Employment at Next Door Bar & Grill may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a drug screen physical and/or criminal background check
- All Applicants will be screened; only those closely matching the job posting will be interviewed
About Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is a 62-store supermarket chain with stores in New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. The family-owned company was founded in 1916. Wegmans is recognized as an industry leader, an innovator, and is known for its strong commitment to the communities where it operates stores. It has been listed among Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies To Work For in America" for five consecutive years.