What is my job:
The job of the Advanced Cook is to assist in overseeing culinary team members and preparing menu offerings for our guests to enjoy. The Advanced Cook works hands on with employees to develop their food passion; produce great tasting, unique meals; and ensure the kitchen is operating smoothly while displaying talents and passion for the culinary arts.
Note to Applicant: Must be able to work evenings, nights and weekends
How do I make a difference?
Making high quality products available for guests
• Following proper recipes and cooking techniques to ensure products are consistently prepared to showcase high standards of quality and guests receive a meal they can’t receive elsewhere
• Properly handling products, using equipment and keeping accurate logs in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines; as well as complying with State Restaurant Health Code Regulations
Assisting with kitchen operations
• Leading by example, setting a positive tone and efficient work pace
• Possessing an understanding of products used and menu offerings, being sure to share knowledge with restaurant team members, working to eliminate knowledge barriers and exceed guest expectations for both food and service
• Prioritizing tasks in the kitchen when prepping, executing and breaking down kitchen station; ensuring items are prepared on time and all the items for a table are completed simultaneously so the integrity of the food is maintained when servers present the meal to guests
• Possessing a complete understanding of the kitchen operations and accurately forecasting restaurant and guest needs when planning production lists and prioritizing tasks
• Familiarizing self with products in inventory and seeking to reduce waste by working to find ways to utilize shrink
What skills, learnings, and experiences are required?
3 or more years working as a line cook in a upscale or fine dining environment
1 or more years experience managing and developing other line cooks
Experience working in a fast paced kitchen
What skills, learnings, and experiences are preferred and will set me apart?
Associates or Bachelors degree in Culinary Arts
Work includes standing, walking for prolonged periods of time without a break, repetitive hand and arm movements, bending, reaching, frequent lifting, and occasional heavy lifting, along with continuous interaction with guests and co-workers in a fast-paced environment.
Work involves exposure to various work environments, including temperature changes.
The average weight range of items lifted is 5–10 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 50 pounds occasionally. May be exposed to various allergens (things that may cause an allergic reaction).
Employment at Next Door Bar & Grill may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a drug screen physical and/or criminal background check
All Applicants will be screened; only those closely matching the job posting will be interviewed
A cook-test will be administered to determine skill set and ability to efficiently create a dish that will fit Next Door Bar and Grill’s food style, volume, creativeness and food cost parameters