Open Interviews for various PART TIME JOBS - Perinton Wegmans
6600 Pittsford-Palmyra Road
Thursday, August 20th from 2pm to 7pm & Friday, August 21st from 11am to 4pm
Want a job you'll LOVE?
Wegmans Food Markets will be doing Open Interviews for part time customer service and culinary positions for our store located in Perinton, NY.
A glimpse at the job:
At Wegmans, we recognize how important it is to provide the best service possible to our customers and take pride in going above and beyond to exceed customer expectations in all areas of the store. Whether answering customer questions, offering meal solutions or making sure products are stocked on our shelves; customer service team members perform every action with the highest standards in mind!
There are customer service opportunities in the following departments:
Bakery, Produce, Deli, Prepared Foods, Pizza, Sub Shop, Sushi, Old World Cheese, Catering, Seafood
Culinary opportunities for the new Pub at Wegmans to include bartenders, servers, host/hostess, part time cooks
MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE
Work involves continuous interactions with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
Will be required to spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
May be exposed to various allergens
Specific motions, weight lifting requirements and temperature conditions will vary by department
Perishable and Prepared Foods departments require proper and safe handling of knives and other cooking or baking utensils and equipment
In order to maintain a high standard of food safety, it is Wegmans policy that when working in Perishable and Prepared Foods areas a hair restraint must be worn at all times. Also, facial ornaments & jewelry must be removed.
Open interviews will be held Thursday, August 20th from 2pm to 7pm and Friday 21st from 11am to 4pmat the Perinton Wegmans store
To help expedite the process, please fill out an application online prior to attending by clicking the green APPLY ONLINE button
Offers of employment:
All offers of employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a criminal background check.
What abilities I must bring to the table to be considered:
- Proficient in Windows based software including Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Provide incredible customer service, greeting customers and answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests
- Possess teamwork and diversity awareness by listening to others’ points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
- Recognize and seek opportunities for continuouslearning to gain new understandings, skills and knowledge
- Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring food and human safety practices are strictly adhered to
- Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
- Able to problem solve, anticipating, analyzing, and identifying problems, responding quickly when situations arise and preventing problems when possible.
What will set me apart from other candidates:
- Customer service, cashier, accounting office and/ or service desk experience, particularly in a grocery or retail setting
- Experience working in a bank or accounting firm
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or equivalent experience
- Experience handling large sums of cash or other tender
- Write and speak clearly, concisely and with tact in a variety of settings using effective communication skills; demonstrating empathy and respect for others at all times
- Possess delegation skills and clearly communicate expectations in a positive way, assess employees' abilities when assigning tasks and follow-up to ensure their completion
- Continuous interaction with co-workers in a fast-paced enclosed environment
- Typical motions include repetitive hand and arm movements, occasional bending and reaching
- Responsible for moving and lifting an average of 1 – 10 pounds with a maximum weight of 25 pounds lifted occasionally
- May be exposed to various allergens
- Will be required to spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand without a break for up to 4 hours
- Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a physical, drug screen and/or criminal background check.