Want a job you’ll LOVE?
The job of the Team Leader for In-Store Bakeshop is to perform tasks essential to the proper functioning of the In-Store bakeshop including training & developing employees, ordering, scheduling, and managing payroll in order to increase sales and improve department contribution.
Looking for Career Growth? Watch our video!
How do I make a difference?
Performing tasks essential to the proper functioning of the department including ordering with Simplification practices in mind, training & development, scheduling and managing payroll
Leading employees by example to provide incredible customer service, proactively approaching customers, educating them about products and answering any questions, helping them locate items and offer suggestions to complete their meals
Ensuring the freshest products are available for customers by maintaining product levels throughout the day by stocking, refilling and rotating products on shelves and displays
Practicing proper ordering, ensuring enough product is available to meet customer needs while aiming to reduce the amount of shrink; being held accountable for the contribution (profit) of the category
Maintaining open lines of communication with team members and Bakery Manager to ensure smooth department operations
Possessing an understanding of product and customer trends; using this knowledge to forecast seasonal and holiday needs; and ensuring displays are properly signed and well-merchandised to drive sales while remaining consistent with company merchandising standards
Utilizing strong time management and organizational skills to prioritize tasks and complete them efficiently throughout the department, working in primarily independent environment
Properly handing products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines
Seeking Candidates Who…
- Have customer service experience, preferably in a bakery, food service, grocery or retail setting
- Encourage and develop others
- Are able to manage others
- Control expenses to impact contribution (profit)
- Work towards continuous improvement
- Follow effective decision making process
- Apply proper planning and staffing techniques
- Maintain a safety focus
- Perform proper ordering techniques
- Exhibit merchandising skills
- Assist with meal preparation and planning
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Managerial/ supervisory experience
- Ability to complete a variety of tasks necessary for the efficient operations of the department as a whole, not just the category
- Work involves continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Typical motions include repetitive hand and are movements, bending and reaching
- Responsible for moving and lifting 5-25 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 50 pounds rarely
- Will spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
- May be exposed to various allergens and work environments, including temperature changes
* Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a drug screen physical and/or criminal background check. All Applicants will be screened; only those closely matching the job posting will be interviewed