A glimpse at the job:
At Wegmans, providing incredible customer service starts behind the scenes in departments like our Accounting Office. In the role of a Customer Service Accounting Office team member, you will assist in handling the store’s financial matters and work to support all departments. You’ll help protect financial assets so departments can serve our greatest asset - our customers. If you have a passion for numbers and working with money and are looking for an opportunity where your work impacts the big picture, this could be the role for you!
I will add value by:
Providing incredible customer service to our employees, completing tasks that ensure they are able to best serve the needs of store customers
Balancing all the money from the store (sales, ATM and lottery machines), verifying that all numbers match, financials are accounted for and the store’s assets are protected; ensuring confidentiality at all times
Working with Team Leader to solve problems that arise and come to resolutions as quickly as possible; being sure to maintain open lines of communication at all times to ensure pertinent information is shared
Monitoring the store’s payroll for accuracy, checking for discrepancies and consulting with the Team Leader and correct department manager if any arise
Assisting department managers in solving financial inconsistencies, thinking outside of the box to find reasons for discrepancies
Preparing tills for cashiers, ensuring they have the correct resources to perform their jobs
Performing hourly pick-ups and readings for the front end to monitor sales and revenue throughout the day, checking for overages and shortages and looking for reasons for discrepancies
Maintaining the ATM and lottery machines in the store, balancing tills and making sure they are stocked with supplies
Preparing daily deposits for the bank and verifying the previous day’s bank activities
Working with cash flow departments to ensure they have enough change to get them through the day, giving loans if necessary, and providing any assistance with financial matters when necessary
Assisting Front End departments as necessary, running a register to ensure customers are receiving incredible service and wait times during check out are minimized
What abilities I must bring to the table to be considered:
- Proficient in Windows based software including Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Provide incredible customer service, greeting customers and answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests
- Possess teamwork and diversity awareness by listening to others’ points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
- Recognize and seek opportunities for continuouslearning to gain new understandings, skills and knowledge
- Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring food and human safety practices are strictly adhered to
- Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
- Able to problem solve, anticipating, analyzing, and identifying problems, responding quickly when situations arise and preventing problems when possible.
What will set me apart from other candidates:
- Customer service, cashier, accounting office and/ or service desk experience, particularly in a grocery or retail setting
- Experience working in a bank or accounting firm
- Background in accounting
- Experience handling large sums of cash or other tender
- Write and speak clearly, concisely and with tact in a variety of settings using effective communication skills; demonstrating empathy and respect for others at all times
- Possess delegation skills and clearly communicate expectations in a positive way, assess employees' abilities when assigning tasks and follow-up to ensure their completion
- Continuous interaction with co-workers in a fast-paced enclosed environment
- Typical motions include repetitive hand and arm movements, occasional bending and reaching
- Responsible for moving and lifting an average of 1 – 10 pounds with a maximum weight of 25 pounds lifted occasionally
- May be exposed to various allergens
- Will be required to spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand without a break for up to 4 hours
- Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a physical, drug screen and/or criminal background check.
About Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is a 62-store supermarket chain with stores in New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. The family-owned company was founded in 1916. Wegmans is recognized as an industry leader, an innovator, and is known for its strong commitment to the communities where it operates stores. It has been listed among Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies To Work For in America" for five consecutive years.