A glimpse at the job:
Our Overnight Grocery team members are the people behind the scenes making sure our shelves are stocked and displays are well-merchandised for shoppers. As part of this team, you’ll work closely with the crew to get products out on the shelves and play an integral part in supporting the store’s daytime operations. If you’re a systematic night owl who enjoys working with others to accomplish tasks within deadlines, then a Customer Service Overnight Grocery position could be for you!
I will add value by:
Completing tasks that include: stocking, refilling and rotating items on shelves; walking aisles; unloading deliveries and breaking down skids, all while utilizing available resources and acting within a designated time frame
Keeping an organized, simplified and well maintained backroom by breaking down delivery skids, placing products to be shelved onto runners, sorting back stock onto pallets and maximizing workspace
Maintaining open lines of communication with overnight team members as well as the day Grocery team to ensure pertinent information is shared and tasks are completed in the most efficient manner
Supporting other departments by unloading their overnight deliveries and placing skids in their designated area of the backroom
Reshopping misplaced products, shrinking out damaged goods and refilling missing items to ensure product levels are maintained and aisles are kept in pristine shopping condition
Approaching customers to assist them in locating products and seeking to offer solutions to questions or concerns.
Handling product in such a way that it reduces damages and shrink.
What abilities I must bring to the table to be considered:
- Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
- Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring food and human safety practices are strictly adhered to
- Recognize and seek opportunities for continuouslearning to gain new understandings, skills and knowledge
- Utilize resources to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics, being sure to share acquired productknowledge
- Possess teamwork and diversity awareness by listening to others’ points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
- Provide incredible customer service, greeting customers and answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests
- Has knowledge of products used throughout the store and works across departments to provide knowledge based service to assist customers in finding complete meal solutions
What will set me apart from other candidates:
- Customer service experience, preferably in a food service, grocery or retail setting
- Experience working overnight hours
- Work includes kneeling, frequent heavy lifting, repetitive hand and arm movements, bending and reaching
- Responsible for moving and lifting 8 - 32 pounds of product on a frequent basis with an occasional need to lift over 50 pounds
- May be exposed to various allergens
- Will spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
- Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a physical, drug screen and/or criminal background check.
About Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is a 62-store supermarket chain with stores in New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. The family-owned company was founded in 1916. Wegmans is recognized as an industry leader, an innovator, and is known for its strong commitment to the communities where it operates stores. It has been listed among Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies To Work For in America" for five consecutive years.