What is my job:
The job of the In Store Ala Carte Restaurant Attendant is to provide incredible service by supporting servers and bartenders in attending to tables and meeting the needs of guests, supporting the Culinary Team in accurately delivering food items to our guests and working at the door seating guests that wish to dine in our In Store Restaurants. The In Store Ala Carte Attendant assists the service/bar and culinary team by ensuring all elements of an exceptional dining experience are achieved.
How do I make a difference?
Providing incredible customer service
• Providing incredible service to guests by delivering dishes prepared by the kitchen to the guests’ tables accurately. With a sensitivity to time and an understanding of the importance of maintaining the integrity of the food
• Ensuring food is presented with an exceptional level of detail in keeping with the culinary team’s expectations for such elements as appearance and temperature
• Maintaining a high level of awareness of the work being done by the service group and culinary operations to ensure proactive assistance is provided to both teams
• Working in conjunction with servers and bartenders to ensure a positive guest experience by maintaining tables and serving guests in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner.
• Assisting host(ess) team with greeting and seating guests who arrive at the door; communicating wait times to guests and offering other dining options if wait times do not meet the guests needs.
• Continuing to study menu changes, service techniques and attend beverage classes whenever possible to continue to grow food, service and beverage knowledge
• Preparing the dining room, bar and event areas for service with exceptional attention to detail; ensuring all areas are clean, organized and well-stocked
• Maintaining and re-stocking service items to keep the in store ala carte restaurant running smoothly during hours of operation.
What skills, learning’s, and experiences are required?
• Living Who We Are values by caring about the well-being of every person, having high standards as a way of life, making a difference in the communities we serve, respecting and listening to others and making decisions that benefit our customers and company
• Possess teamwork & diversity awareness by listening to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
• Recognize and seek opportunities for continuous learning to gain new understandings, skills and knowledge
• Provide incredible customer service, greeting guests and answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests
• Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring food & human safety practices are strictly adhered to
• Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
• Has knowledge of products used throughout the store and works across departments to provide knowledge based service to assist customers in finding complete meal solutions
• Utilize resources to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics, being sure to share acquired product knowledge
• Learn, use and be able to explain Wegmans sanctioned cooking techniques to assist customers for their success at home
• Write and speak clearly, concisely and with tact in a variety of settings using effective communication skills; demonstrating empathy and respect for others at all times
• Relate well to others using interpersonal savvy to foster two-way communication and develop effective relationships; recognize differences in communication styles and maintain composure
What skills, learnings, and experiences are preferred and will set me apart?
• Customer Service experience working in retail, restaurant service or other hospitality related industry experience
• Certification of training in liquor, wine, beer, food service and/ or alcohol awareness programs
• Quick service Restaurant experience
• Possess culinary knife skills which include safely using knives; sharpening and honing the edges of knives; and using them to chop, dice, julienne and mince
• Work towards continuous improvement to encourage change; find ways to increase profitability and productivity; and improve processes, products & customer service in the department(s)
• Work includes frequent walking, standing for up to 4 hours without a break, repetitive hand and arm movements, bending, reaching, along with continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment. Work involves exposure to various work environments, including temperature changes. The average weight range of items lifted is 10-20 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 40 pounds occasionally. May be exposed to various allergens (things that may cause an allergic reaction).
• Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a drug screen physical and/or criminal background check
• All Applicants will be screened; only those closely matching the job posting will be interviewed