What is my job:
- To ensure that Wegmans’ facilities are professionally and safely maintained, helping to provide our employees and our customers with incredible service.
Note to Applicant:
- Candidates must possess flexible evening and/or overnight availability, including weekends
How do I make a difference?
- Repairing and troubleshooting of production equipment in our facilities, for both emergency and non-emergency situations
- Performing preventative maintenance on production equipment
- Working effectively with a team, assisting other personnel as necessary to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Keeping open lines of communication with team members and supervisors
- Completing all tasks while strictly adhering to food and human safety guidelines
- Maintaining Wegmans’ high standards of quality at all times
What skills, learnings, and experiences are required?
- Minimum of three years of experience as an equipment mechanic in a manufacturing or distribution environment, including experience with preventative maintenance systems and techniques
- Proficiency with electrical and mechanical troubleshooting of material handling systems and process equipment, including conveyors and/or automated systems
- Knowledge of three-phase motors and wiring, and experience programming and installing electronics and controls
- A proven safety first commitment
- Living Who We Are values by caring about the well-being of every person, having high standards as a way of life, making a difference in the communities we serve, respecting and listening to others and making decisions that benefit our customers and company
- Possess teamwork & diversity awareness by listening to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
- Recognize and seek opportunities for continuous learning to gain new understandings, skills and knowledge
- Provide incredible service and gain the trust and respect of others by providing accurate information and responding to situations in a timely manner, listening carefully and acting with customers in mind
- Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring food & human safety practices are strictly adhered to
- Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
- Write and speak clearly, concisely and with tact in a variety of settings using effective communication skills; demonstrating empathy and respect for others at all times
- Possess data entry skills and can easily navigate between computer screens, interpret and input information correctly utilizing proper keyboard techniques, treating company and other sensitive material with professionalism and confidentiality
- Utilize resources to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics, being sure to share acquired product knowledge
What skills, learnings, and experiences are preferred and will set me apart?
- Inform others using various communication tools to provide meaningful, accurate information people need to make decisions
- Work will be predominantly performed in an industrial/manufacturing setting
- Work generally involves continuous interactions with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Will be exposed to climate changes; work is performed inside freezers, near bakery ovens, and on building rooftops. May be exposed to various allergens.
- Will be required to spend the majority of time sitting or standing without a break for up to 4 hours
- Will be required to climb ladders, and work from heights of up to 90 feet
- Must be 18 years or older
- Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a drug screen physical and/or criminal background check
- All Applicants will be screened; only those closely matching the job posting will be interviewed
About Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is a 62-store supermarket chain with stores in New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey. The family-owned company was founded in 1916. Wegmans is recognized as an industry leader, an innovator, and is known for its strong commitment to the communities where it operates stores. It has been listed among Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies To Work For in America" for five consecutive years.