Concordville Part Time Team Member Opportunities
- The grand opening of the new Concordville store will be in Fall 2015
- The Concordville store will operate 24 hours per day
- Full Time Interviews will begin in April 2015
- Part Time Interviews will begin in June 2015
- All opportunities are for YEAR ROUND employment
- Online correspondence is important throughout the Wegmans hiring process. Please ensure that your contact information is accurate and changes are updated as they occur.
A glimpse at the job:
At Wegmans, we recognize how important it is to provide the best service possible to our customers and take pride in going above and beyond to exceed customer expectations in all areas of the store. Whether answering customer questions, offering meal solutions or making sure products are stocked on our shelves, customer service team members perform every action with the highest standards in mind!
I will add value in the following Part Time positions available at Wegmans:
Employees in the Service area have the greatest opportunity to uphold Wegmans high standards as they provide incredible service on the Front End; often having the last contact with customers before they leave the store. Customer Service team members in Service departments are given the opportunity to leave a lasting impression by ensuring each customer’s shopping experience is a great one!
Service Departments include: Accounting Office, Front End, (including Cashiers and Café Cashiers), Helping Hands (outside customer service); Maintenance, Price Checking and Service Desk.
Positions of similar nature may include: cashier, sales associate, checker, clerk, customer service representative, parking lot attendants, cart pusher, teller, guest services, customer service manager, CSM, front end coordinator, front end runner, lot attendant, janitor, handy person.
Our Perishable departments are the exciting areas of the store where customer can see the skills and passion of our employees on display in innovative ways every day. Customer Service team members in this area go above and beyond customer expectations by WOW-ing them with their product knowledge, offering suggestions and cooking techniques and ensuring items are available for their enjoyment.
Perishable Departments include: Bakery, In Store Bakeshop, Deli, Floral, Kosher Deli, Meat, Olde World Cheese, Produce and Seafood.
Positions of a similar nature may include: sales associate, clerk, customer service representative, associate, stocker, food production, cake decorator, baker, meat cutter, meat wrapper, floral designer, floral arranging
The varied departments of the Merchandising area are where customers can find everything they would expect from a grocery store and all the things they never thought they could. Customer Service team members in this area strive to provide customers with a one-of-a-kind shopping experience, working to explain product usage and ensure displays are stocked and well-merchandised to drive sales in the department.
Merchandising departments include: Bulk Foods, Dairy, Frozen Foods, General Merchandise, Grocery, Overnight Grocery, Health and Beauty Care, International Foods, Nature’s Marketplace (natural & organic products), Receiving
Positions of a similar nature may include: Stocking, Warehousing, Night crew, Replenishment, Stock Clerk, Stocker, Picker, Grocery Stocker, Evening Stocker, sales associate, clerk, customer service representative and associate, night crew, overnight stocking
Our Pharmacy is much more than a place where customers come to get prescriptions filled. Our customers have come to depend on Wegmans Pharmacy professionals to provide the best service possible when it comes to their health. Pharmacy Technicians play an integral role in workflow; processing prescription requests, ensuring customers are given correct medications and receive assistance from Pharmacists.
Pharmacy Customer Service positions include: Pharmacy Technician
Positions of a similar nature may include: Certified Pharmacy Technician, CPhT
What abilities I must bring to the table to be considered?
- Provide incredible customer service, greeting customers and answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/service recommendations and accommodating special requests.
- Possess teamwork and diversity awareness by listening to others’ points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
- Recognizing and seek opportunities for continuous learning to gain new understanding, skills and knowledge
- Properly handle, prepared, transport and store products; ensuring food and human safety practices are strictly adhered to
- Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
What might set me apart from other candidates?
- Customer service experience, preferably in food service, grocery or retail setting
- Technician Certification (In Pharmacy Department)
- Learn, use and be able to explain cooking techniques to assist customers for their success at home (In Perishable departments)
- Work involves continuous interactions with customers and coworkers in a fast paced environment
- Will be required to spend the majority of the time on his/her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
- May be exposed to various allergens
- Specific motions, weight lifting requirements and temperature conditions will vary by department
- Perishable departments require proper and safe handling of knives and other cooking or baking utensils and equipment
- In order to maintain a high standard of food safety, Wegmans policy is that when working in Perishable areas a hair restraint must be worn at all times. Also facial ornaments and jewelry must be removed.
- Days/Hours Requirement: Part Time employees may work up to 30 hours/week, with shifts ranging between 4 and 8 hours at a time based on the department needs. Weekly hours and specific shifts are not guaranteed and we do not offer set schedules. The most successful applicants offer an availability spanning several hours at a time, on multiple days/week. Specific days/hours of work vary by position/department and will generally include weekends.
- The availability requirements for these positions do not generally change throughout the year, except to meet any changes in business needs. Wegmans stores do not hire seasonal employees.
- All applications will be screened and only those applicants whose qualifications most closely match the job requirements will receive an interview. If you are a match, we will contact you with additional information regarding the interview process. If your application and qualifications do not match the job requirements, you will be notified through email.
- Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon completion and our evaluation of a physical, drug screening and a criminal background check.
- In order to receive proper training prior to the store opening, all employees will be required to travel to other stores. Travel may be required (and should be expected) for each shift an employee is scheduled to work prior to the store opening.