Customer Quality Engineer
Location: Appleton, WI
Press Customer Quality Engineer
- The Certified Quality Engineer is a professional who understands the principles of product and service quality evaluation and control. This body of knowledge and applied technologies include, but are not limited to, development and operation of quality control systems, application and analysis of testing and inspection procedures, the ability to use metrology and statistical methods to diagnose and correct improper quality control practices, an understanding of human factors and motivation, facility with quality cost concepts and techniques, and the knowledge and ability to develop and administer management information systems and to audit quality systems for deficiency identification and correction.
- Reporting Responsibilities
- The position has direct reporting responsibilities to the Press Quality Manager.
- The position has no positions reporting to him/her.
- Education and Training Requirements
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
- Certified Quality Auditor (CQA)*
- Certified Six Sigma Blackbelt
- Certified Lean Practitioner*
- Core Tools User (APQP, MSA, FMEA, PPAP, SPC, 8D, CP)
- 4 - year degree REQUIRED, plus a minimum of 5 years' experience actively using Quality Management System tools.
- JDE User*
- Minitab User*
- Internal Interfaces
- Is a key member of the Growth Customer Support Structure Team.
- Works closely with manufacturing managements and employees.
- Works closely with Technical and Safety Manager to provide documentation synergy within and between Departments.
- External interfaces
- Participates in customer visits (Internal and External)
- Provides and analyzes data for Sales, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, Engineering and other functional Departments.
- Fills the Operational Excellence project database
- Participates in Management Review and 3rd party and/or Customer Audits
- Job Responsibilities
- Plans the effort to cause quality in processes, products and human resources
- Collects, analyzes and speaks with data
- Performs Measurement System Analyses
- Participates in and validates engineering changes, FMEAs, etc.
- Leads continuous improvement projects
- Performs PPAPs, Capability Studies, Gage Studies, Statistics Based Manufacturing
- Creates boundary sample boards and samples and control plans
- Manages suppliers
- Manages calibration systems
- Participates in quality causing activities, Root Cause Analyses, Continuous Improvement Projects, customer and internal quality meetings.
2100 North Ballard Road , 54911 Appleton (WI), USA