Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
The Data division is part of the Visa’s technology organization. The division is responsible for maintaining Visa’s data assets and provides value added information product and services to our clients and for internal use. The data platform consists of various repositories which include relational database, big data (Cassandra), Hadoop & other proprietary data stores. The client access to these data is enabled as information products and services through a set of Web Service, BI products & Files. The data access is enabled via browser, mobile and web services. The Data Services and Administration group is part of the Data division that manages Data as Service platforms; provide data administration, data subscription and data services capabilities internal and external use. The platform enables services to access external data sources in cloud environments. The Subscription includes the access administration of BI products, Files & data. The platform also provides location based services by integrating with external location based providers through APIs.
The role is a self-organized Sr. Software Engineer with a solid background in implementing substantial applications both Web and Web Services supporting large numbers of users and applications. The position is also responsible for the maintenance of the platform, design & development of various data as services platforms components for the rollout of new BI products and services to Visa clients and for internal use. The position is also responsible for the end to end implementation which includes maintaining the project schedule, tasks, dependencies, coordination with other groups and the management of the internal and vendor development resources. The data services platform consists of web and web services components developed using Java/J2EE and messaging technologies.
Design and develop data administration web interfaces for data management & Access Administration
Develop Web Services (SOAP & Rest) for data access from the data platform
Expand the platform capabilities for the roll out of new BI products, Files and add new capabilities to the existing BI products in the platform
Develop new data subscription web applications
Develop Security & integration components for data extraction, & internal /external application integration
Develop code that follows established coding guidelines and Visa security standards
Work independently and responsible for the unit testing of various data as services platform components.
Author design, build and installation documentations
Work closely with various teams to diagnose, troubleshoot and fix issues that cause impact to customers
- BS / MS in Computer Science, or Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of web and web service development using J2EE
- Development experience in a Cross-platform, multi-tier environment
- Development experience in Cloud/Virtual environments
- Open source framework experience such as Struts, Spring, Caster, Quartz, DWR, JQuery
- Message based application development using JMS, MQ Series/Rabbit MQ.
- Web services standards and related technology knowledge (XML, XSD, WSDL SOAP, Rest etc.)
- Big data Hadoop, No SQL database experience
- Experience in implementing Elastic Search
- Knowledge with Talend ETL tools is a plus
- Knowledge in Administration of application server (Websphere, TC Server) and MQ Series
- Experience in integrating third party APIs
- In-depth knowledge of software development life cycle.
- Relational database and SQL development experience
- Agile & waterfall development experience
- Strong communication skills, with proven ability to present complex ideas and to document in a clear and concise way
- SOA concepts, ESB and Data power appliances knowledge is a plus
- BI application knowledge is a plus
- Development experience using RAD/Eclipse tool
- Experience using version control and bug tracking tools
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”