Corporate Information Technology (CIT) encompasses enterprise technology that empowers Visa Inc. staff to perform core business functions needed to support ongoing management of Visa Inc. operations. Corporate Business Systems (CBS) – Finance & Accounting Systems is a group in Corporate IT that provides provides global solution design and implementation of Visa’s Finance Operations systems (Oracle eBusiness Suite and various integrated applications), global Customer Service, including end-user support and education, issue troubleshooting and resolution, system access, and applications administration and configuration change control for all users of the Visa Global Integrated Financial Solution (GIFS) finance, procurement and reporting applications. The group additionally acts as liaison between end-users and technical support resources in Technology organization and applicable software vendors, coordinating all related support services, to ensure reliable and efficient production systems operations, globally.
- Provide strong hands-on technical expertise and technical leadership in the area of Finance ERP Systems, at the core of which is the Oracle eBusiness Suite system.
- Analyze business requirements, identify risks, and collaborate with functional team and business users, to deliver flexible, innovative, cost effective solutions while meeting business needs.
- Estimate work effort and staffing needs, develop conceptual approach, proof of concept, and technical execution plan, track progress against milestones, and drive results in partnership with Project Managers, and other team members.
- Evaluate 3rd party tools for security, scalability and fit.
- Work with Engineering teams (Windows, UNIX, Network, Storage and Middleware) to translate application requirements into system requirements.
- Create comprehensive documentation of designs for both small and large projects that take into account all areas of development.
- Present solutions to key stakeholders and demonstrate working software to leads and management.
- Follow existing application standards, conventions and best practices as part of the existing SDLC.
- Maintain, enhance and support, through problem analysis and resolution, the Oracle eBusiness Suite and integrated applications such as Markview, Vinimaya, OSN and GXS.
- Engage in lessons learned and continuous process improvement around the SDLC.
- Ensure that applications and code are compliant with Visa security requirements.
- Manage offshore development team assignments, knowledge transfer, and communications.
- Mentor peer and junior developers with a focus on career development and retention.
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
- 8+ years designing and implementing financial solutions, at least 5 of which should be in Oracle eBusiness Suite, with focus on Procure to Pay and Record to Report modules.
- Bachelor´s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Extensive experience and proficiency in SQL and PL/SQL, Oracle Workflow, BI publisher, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, Java and OA Framework.
- Extensive functional knowledge of Oracle eBusiness Suite R12 (iProcurement, iExpense, Purchasing, Payables, Cash Management, Fixed Assets, General Ledger, Subledger Accounting, XML Gateway, System Administration, TCA Architecture) and related systems such as GXS, MarkView, Oracle Supplier Network and Vinimaya.
- Experience in and understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Finance operations (accounts payable, sourcing, accounting, financial internal controls) business process knowledge in a global setting
- Multi-tasking ability essential to handle multiple priorities with minimal direction from management.
- A good team player with excellent communication and collaboration skills, with experience working in a global environment
- Experience in the following applications is a plus: Markview for AP Invoice and Expense, Noetix Views, OBIEE, Discoverer, and ad-hoc reporting tools
- Technical understanding of Oracle DB 11g, Unix, Windows, Middleware
- Experience collaborating with small to medium sized teams working in an onsite/offshore model