ViaSat is a rapidly growing technology company that designs, deploys and operates cutting edge SATCOM products and services that span the globe. At ViaSat you'll work with highly-motivated engineers in an exciting, dynamic, yet informal environment. You will be able to use your engineering experience to support the next generation of advanced communications products and systems.
In this role you will be responsible for performing test engineering activities for RF/Microwave sub-assemblies developed for military and space markets. You will plan and execute test tasks that include interpreting test requirements, writing test plans, designing test hardware, designing test software and testing and debugging deliverable hardware for commercial, military, and space markets. This includes activity for both RF and digital testing of modules. This is a temporary role.
* 2+ years of experience in module and/or system integration and test
* An understanding of test equipment such as vector network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal analyzers, digital signal generators and noise figure meters
* Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or AS degree with equivalent experience
* US government position. US citizenship required.
* Up to 10% travel
* Working knowledge of RF amplifiers, mixers, oscillators, and transceivers.
* Proficiency with programming in one or more languages such as C#, Python, LabView, C/C++, C# or Visual Basic
* Familiarity with Digital RF Modulation techniques
* Experience handling and testing High Reliability hardware
ViaSat is located in the Tempe Arizona in the ASU Technology Center. Arizona is a lovely winter haven and the golfing and resort Mecca of the Southwest. With a solid work force and an ever-expanding family-based community, The Phoenix metro area has arts, entertainment, all major league sports, and a growing electronics industry that continues to flourish.
Please submit your resume. We look forward to hearing from you. ** ViaSat is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residence status may be required for certain positions. For positions requiring U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident status, verification of such status will be required upon accepting employment.