Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
Category: Allied Health
Facility: Valley Regional Enterprises
Department: VMT - MARTINSBURG
Shift: Day,Night,Evening,Rotating Weekend
The EMT is responsible for providing safe, high-quality, and customer-focused medical transportation up to the basic life support level to and from medical facilities, under the direction of Valley Medical Transport's dispatch center and the Operations Manager.
* Must be 21 years of age.
* Must satisfy the requirements for and maintain a valid driver's license.
* Must satisfy the requirements for a DOT equivalent physical examination to obtain and maintain a Medical Examiner's Certificate, as well as submit to periodic drug screenings, as defined by applicable federal, state, and VH policies & regulations.
* High school graduate or equivalent required.
* Current state EMS certification for primary state of assignment (EMT-Basic or equivalent) certification required. Certification and ability to provide care at that level in approved secondary state required within 12 months of employment.
* Must be able to accurately perform pharmacological calculations.
* Basic level ability navigating in Microsoft Windows and ability to accurately gather and enter data into an electronic medical record in a timely manner.
* BCLS (Basic Cardiac Life Support) course completion or equivalent required.
* Must have and maintain a driving record that is acceptable to the company's insurance carrier.
* EVOC (Emergency Vehicle Operators Certificate) or approved equivalent required
- Criminal Background checks include:
VA State Police
3rd party Background Check
About Valley Health
Valley Health provides a wide range of products and services which enable patients to receive the care they need in the comfort of their own homes. Valley Home Care provides home oxygen, medical equipment and supplies. Valley Health Home Health Services and Community Nurse Case Management provide healthcare professionals including nurses, physical, occupational and speech therapists, home health aides and medical social workers. Valley Health Home Health Services Home Health professionals work closely with the patient, his or her family and physician to provide a wide range of services. These services include: Nursing services Nurses evaluate changes in physical condition; administer medications; change dressings and draw blood for testing. High-tech treatments such as IV therapy and ventilator care are also provided. Registered nurses are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.