Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
MID-LEVEL PRACTITIONER - PA
Category: Physician/Mid-Level Practitioner
Facility: Valley Regional Enterprises
Department: UCC/OH - WARREN
Shift: Day,Evening,Rotating Weekend
This position is responsible for providing medical services to patients of the VHS affiliated Urgent Care Center/Occupational Health. Such medical services may include history and physician examination, evaluation of specific illnesses and/or injuries and planning for the effective treatment of diseases or injuries, both chronic and acute. Perform other services that have traditionally been reserved to physicians.
Accountable for patient care in such a way as to ensure the highest quality standards for the practice of medicine are achieved, within the scope of a physician's assistant license, established medical protocols and expertise. Also, must use interpersonal skills to assure patient/customer satisfaction.
Collaborates closely with Physician who monitors and reviews patient care.
Accountable for assuring an efficient and productive office environment by performing activities necessary to accomplish this goal.
- PA must be a graduate of a program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission for Physician Assistant Programs (ARC-PA)
- Successful completion of a Board exam that is recognized by the Board of Medicine is required. Recertification, if required is necessary
- Possesses and maintains an unrestricted license to practice in Virginia and/or West Virginia.
- Possesses and maintains an unrestricted DEA license to prescribe in Virginia and/or West Virginia.
- Must be willing to work in all VH UC/OH/QC clinics; carry licenses that allow for the capabilities; and be flexible with last minute assignments
- A minimum of one (1) year of physician's assistant experience in a primary care or emergency care environment is preferred
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the principles and practice of a Physicians Assistant. Must have a general knowledge of the operation and administration of a medical office
- Must possess well-developed interpersonal skills to work smoothly and productively with patients as well as administrative, nursing and physician staff
- Maintenance of continuing education required by Virginia and/or West Virginia Boards of Medicine
- Must be able to perform activities that involve an independent evaluation or treatment of a patient's medical condition
- Must be willing to receive additional training, as needed, and remain current on the skills necessary for the performance of required duties.
- Successful completion of an ACLS course if required within 120 days of the hire date
- The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status, and interpret the appropriate information needed in order to provide care for the age group of patients served
- Knowledgeable in the cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological stages of human growth and development.
- Maintains and provides proof of CME requirements as put forth by the Virginia Board of Medicine.
- 60-day notice of resignation is required as specified in provider contract
- Criminal Background checks (applicable state) include:
VA State Police
3rd party Background Check
WV State Police Fingerprinting
About Valley Health
Valley Health provides a wide range of products and services which enable patients to receive the care they need in the comfort of their own homes. Valley Home Care provides home oxygen, medical equipment and supplies. Valley Health Home Health Services and Community Nurse Case Management provide healthcare professionals including nurses, physical, occupational and speech therapists, home health aides and medical social workers. Valley Health Home Health Services Home Health professionals work closely with the patient, his or her family and physician to provide a wide range of services. These services include: Nursing services Nurses evaluate changes in physical condition; administer medications; change dressings and draw blood for testing. High-tech treatments such as IV therapy and ventilator care are also provided. Registered nurses are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.