Nurse Practitioner - NP
Category: Physician/Mid-Level Practitioner
Facility: Valley Physician Enterprise
Location: Front Royal
Department: FRONT ROYAL INTERNAL MEDICINE
The Mid-Level Practitioner is responsible for providing medical services to patients of the VPE Bariatric Program. Such medical services involved the evaluation and management of specific complaints, illnesses and/or injuries as described in the protocol. Accountable for patient care in such a way as to ensure the highest quality standards for the practice of medicine are achieved, and to do so within the scope of a practice described in the protocol. Collaborates closely with supervising physician who reviews patient care provided. Accountable for assuring an efficient and productive office environment by performing activities necessary to accomplish this goal.
- Current licensure as a Nurse Practitioner in the Commonwealth of Virginia is required.
- Certification as Nurse Practitioner in the Commonwealth of Virginia is required.
- Based on primary state of residency and in accordance with current Virginia Board of Nursing Regulations, must be licensed or eligible to practice pending licensure as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia with either
a Multi-state license, under the Nurse Licensure Compact
a Single-state license, valid in Virginia only
- Successful completion of the credentialing process through the WMC Department of Medical Staff Affairs is required if working at a hospital-based clinic or seeing patients in the hospital.
- Current relevant specialty certification through the AACN or ANCC is required
- Licensed to prescribe medication in the State of Virginia required.
- Master's Degree in Nursing.
- Computer skills preferred (i.e., software applications for documentation, data collection and outcome measurement, PowerPoint presentations)
- Knowledgeable in the cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological stages of human growth and development.
- Competent to provide assessment, care and treatment appropriate to the age group of patients served.
- Criminal Background Checks include:
VA State Police
Third-party background checks
About Valley Health
Valley Health provides a wide range of products and services which enable patients to receive the care they need in the comfort of their own homes. Valley Home Care provides home oxygen, medical equipment and supplies. Valley Health Home Health Services and Community Nurse Case Management provide healthcare professionals including nurses, physical, occupational and speech therapists, home health aides and medical social workers. Valley Health Home Health Services Home Health professionals work closely with the patient, his or her family and physician to provide a wide range of services. These services include: Nursing services Nurses evaluate changes in physical condition; administer medications; change dressings and draw blood for testing. High-tech treatments such as IV therapy and ventilator care are also provided. Registered nurses are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.