Nurse Practitioner - NP
Category: Physician/Mid-Level Practitioner
Facility: Page Memorial Hospital
Department: PAGE HEALTHCARE ASSOC-LURAY
Schedule: Per Diem (Available to work up to 16 hrs per pay period)
The Nurse Practitioner will perform comprehensive physical assessments and treatments of children, adolescents, and adults for wellness exams, minor acute problems, stable chronic problems while assuring that the highest degree of quality patient care is maintained at all times. The level of care is administered to patients of all age ranges with illnesses, diseases or physical limitations.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Nursing
- RN with current licensure by the Virginia State Board of Nursing
- Certified as a Primary Care Nurse Practitioner in the state of Virginia
- Credentialed at PMH as Affiliate Staff member
- Previous community health and wellness services experience desired as well as prior experience in an office setting. Previous management experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to perceive changes in patient's skin color and color of medicines and solution.
- Good hearing for ability to distinguish differences in heartbeat and breathing rhythms of patients.
- Knowledge of patient-care equipment used.
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills necessary for interaction with patients, visitors and staff.
- Multi-tasking skills necessary for performing day to day functions, as the position may experience frequent and multiple interruptions.
- Must be able to function independently, as well as a team member. Flexible, dependable and a professional demeanor and appearance are required.
- Criminal Background Checks include:
VA State Police
Third-party background check
About Valley Health
Valley Health provides a wide range of products and services which enable patients to receive the care they need in the comfort of their own homes. Valley Home Care provides home oxygen, medical equipment and supplies. Valley Health Home Health Services and Community Nurse Case Management provide healthcare professionals including nurses, physical, occupational and speech therapists, home health aides and medical social workers. Valley Health Home Health Services Home Health professionals work closely with the patient, his or her family and physician to provide a wide range of services. These services include: Nursing services Nurses evaluate changes in physical condition; administer medications; change dressings and draw blood for testing. High-tech treatments such as IV therapy and ventilator care are also provided. Registered nurses are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.