The ideal candidate for Dispatch Associate I will have at least one year of customer service and/or dispatch experience in a transportation, distribution, order-fulfillment industry or related field. The candidate will have good communication and organizational skills. In addition, candidates must understand basic United States geography.
Dispatch Associate I may be responsible for:
- Dispatching service providers for the timely delivery of same day critical shipments and orders.
- Proactive monitoring and tracking critical shipments to ensure timely delivery of equipment.
- Provides service to customers in a courteous and professional manner
- Handles multiple telephone calls between service providers, call centers, warehouses, transportation centers and others to assure timely delivery of goods.
- Records dispatch time, perform call outs, time of arrival, time of departure, time of delivery, proof of delivery, tracking information, and other time critical information.
- Documentation of delays or possible delays and all other pertinent information about critical shipments.
- Dispatching multiple geographies in the Western United States. Geography experience and map reading capability a must.
- Communicates or escalates problems to other dispatchers, leads, supervisors and managers and assists in resolving them immediately.
- May cover additional dispatch areas or territories during primary dispatcher break and lunch periods, and, as experience increases, during absences.
- Tracks weather and traffic issues and other events that may cause delays. Communicates and documents events proactively.
- Contacts warehouses to assure response to orders.
- Learns, understands and works with the enterprise dispatching system.
- Responsible for monitoring and informing customers on approximate length of time for empty containers using quotations on special deliveries and rating drivers manifest for correct billing
- All other task as assigned by supervisor and or manager.
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- One year of customer service and/or dispatch experience in a transportation, distribution, order-fulfillment industry or related field.
- Basic reading, writing, arithmetic skills are a must
- Good communication skills
- Types 25 words per minute.
- Basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Accurate and rapid data entry and retrieval
- Ability to multi task in very fast paced environment.
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
There is no relocation available for this position.
UPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About United Parcel Service of America, Inc.
United Parcel Service, Inc. (UPS) is a package delivery company. The Company delivers packages each business day for 1.8 million shipping customers to 6.1 million consignees in over 200 countries and territories. During the year ended December 31, 2008, UPS delivered an average of 15.5 million pieces per day worldwide, or a total of 3.92 billion packages. Its primary business is the time-definite delivery of packages and documents worldwide. UPS operates in three segments: U.S. Domestic Package operations, International Package operations, and Supply Chain & Freight operations. U.S. Domestic Package operations include the time-definite delivery of letters, documents, and packages throughout the United States. International Package operations include delivery to more than 200 countries and territories worldwide. Supply Chain & Freight includes its forwarding and logistics operations, UPS Freight, and other related business units. (Source: 10-K)