Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is located in the heart of downtown L.A. and is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you will be a part of a world-class research university and a member of the "Trojan Family," which is comprised of the faculty, students and staff that make the university what it is.
- Evaluates emerging web technologies and recommends new standards, software and web development techniques to developers across campus.
- Provides expert level leadership to front end web developers across the USC campus. Mentors and trains junior developers.
- Helps set web coding standards for Web Services, ITS and USC websites.
- Must have a strong understanding of and experience with implementing the latest approaches to creating web presences.
- Leads the development effort and provides architectural guidance for future migration of existing product features to the Web-based platform.
- Establishes project plans and schedules, identifies staffing and resource requirements. Monitors progress providing status reports as needed. Reviews work of team.
- Designs and implements complex Web-based systems with minimal direction.
- Performs object oriented analysis.
- Establishes and communicates Web-based best practices and design patterns for use within assigned area.
- Discusses new features with designers and other university teams, giving input on what is technically feasible.
- Leads the resolution of Web site technical support issues.
- Resolves bugs found in different areas of code.
- Creates written, video and/or audio content for Web site, as needed.
- Creates graphics, logos, or identifies Web site, as needed.
- Maintains program libraries, users' manuals, and/or technical documentations, as needed.
- Identifies and implements protocols and procedures to ensure Web site security.
- Provides leadership, guidance and direction to junior level staff.
- Stays informed of new developments and technologies by reading journals and other pertinent publications, maintaining contact with vendors, and participating in professional organizations, meetings and seminars.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time
About University of Southern California
Established in 1880 and located in the heart of Los Angeles, the University of Southern California (USC) is one of the world's leading private research universities, with a central College of Letters, Arts and Sciences and 17 professional schools on two campuses. The Health Sciences campus, to the northeast of downtown Los Angeles, is home to the Keck School of Medicine of USC, the School of Pharmacy, three major teaching hospitals and programs in Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy, and Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy.