Not sure what types of jobs you are interested in?
Based on Your Education
o The Center on Teaching and Learning at the University of Oregon invites applications for full-time Quality Assurance Engineer (Analyst Programmer).
o The Center on Teaching and Learning (CTL) is a community of scholars whose mission is to conduct, translate, and disseminate research which is focused on solutions to practical problems in schools. The Data System (http://dibels.uoregon.edu/) is a web-based application and database that allows schools and districts to enter student roster information and literacy assessment data online. It is a tool for educators to aid in the early identification of students who are not progressing as expected and monitor their progress while they receive additional instruction.
o This is a classified position represented by SEIU local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
o University of Oregon positions that are at least half-time are eligible for excellent benefits, including health and dental, employer-paid retirement, and tuition benefits for employee or an eligible dependent, sick and vacation leave.
o This recruitment is open to any applicant who meets the qualifications listed below.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE: ... a basic foundation of knowledge and skills in systems analysis and related programming support functions generally obtained by a bachelor's degree in computer science, or an equivalent amount of training and applied experience.
* At least two years experience in quality assurance and a minimum of one year with web applications.
* Experience with Selenium, Watir, Sahi, or similar test automation tools.
* Experience in object-oriented programming using PHP or similar languages.
* Solid understanding of HTML and CSS.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to communicate with a wide range of individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
* Experience with server configuration, administration, and maintenance.
* Experience with continuous integration systems such as Jenkins.
* Experience with accessibility testing for Section 508 compliance.
* Proficiency with Subversion, Git, or other similar version control systems.
* Experience working with research scientists and supporting their data analysis needs.
Position is subject to criminal background check. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: This position supports quality assurance of projects that focus primarily on the technology associated with reading assessment and expansion of that model to other applications. Duties include:
... providing quality assurance (QA) of the DIBELS Data System and other applications developed by CTL, including developing quality assurance plans for new and updated system features; performing manual and automated testing of new and updated system features to ensure data integrity and accuracy, adherence to functional specifications, compliance with state and federal accessibility requirements, compliance with DIBELS Data System user interface standards. ... enter data and create test accounts necessary for the QA process; reporting software errors to development team via online issue-tracking software; assisting with troubleshooting root cause of application errors.
... designing, creating, and maintaining test automation systems and applications in support of the DIBELS Data System quality assurance process.
... developing functional specifications for new and/or updated features; reviewing functional specifications developed by other team members.
SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS: To assist us in making the selection for this position, please respond to the following questions on a separate sheet(s) of paper. Number your responses to correspond to the questions and describe experience and training related to each item. Make sure experience and training described in your responses are included on your application.
1. Describe your approach to developing and implementing a test plan for a data-driven web application.
2. Describe your experience with test automation. In your response describe the systems tested, the automation tools utilized, and the programming languages used.
3. Describe your experience evaluating web user interfaces. In your response include positive and negative qualities that you look for that can have a significant impact on user experience.
4. Describe your experience working as a test engineer and/or developer in a collaborative environment, including version control, documentation, bug tracking, and communication. APPLICATIONS: Submit all application materials, including Human Resources Job Application form, supplemental questions and other relevant materials by the closing date to: Human Resources 677 East 12th Ave., Suite 400 5210 University of Oregon Eugene, OR 97403-5210 Human Resources Job Application must be filled out completely or it will not be accepted. Make sure to keep a copy of your application packet for job interviews. This announcement is available in alternate formats upon request. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and need accommodation with the application process, please contact us for assistance.
Human Resources - 677 East 12th Ave., Suite 400 - 5210 University of Oregon -
Eugene OR, 97403-5210 - Located near the corner of 12th & Hilyard Office (541) 346-3159 - Fax (541) 346-2548