The University of Cincinnati is a premier, public, urban research university; ranked as one of America’s top 26 public research universities by the National Science Foundation. U.S. News has ranked UC in the Top Tier of America’s Best Colleges. The Chronicle of Higher Education calls UC a “research heavyweight”. Forbes, Delta Sky and Travel + Leisure magazines have named UC one of the most beautiful campuses. #HottestCollegeInAmerica
UC is one of the largest employers in the Cincinnati region, employing over 15,000 full time and part time faculty, staff and student workers. The College of Medicine, Department of Surgery is looking for a Mid-Level Provider. This position will support the University’s mission and commitment to excellence and diversity in our students, faculty, staff and all our activities.
Job Summary/Duties: Under general supervision from a designated administrator, assist in providing comprehensive, continuous, and personalized care to patients in the Department of Urology Surgery.
- Collect developmental history of patient.
- Conduct basic physical and psychosocial assessment of the individual and/or family. Assist physicians and other providers in delivery of care.
- Discriminate between normal conditions and normal and abnormal deviations by specific screening and tests. Refer patients with abnormal findings to physicians.
- Manage common episodic and chronic illnesses and administer medication and treatments as prescribed. Obtain treatment consents as needed.
- Provide counseling and health training.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Participate in research and development projects.
- Order supplies as necessary; stock and maintain rooms.
- Provide direct supervision to exempt and non-exempt staff (i.e., hiring/firing, performance evaluations, disciplinary action, approve time off, etc.).
- Perform related duties based on departmental need.
Minimum Qualifications Nurse Practitioner: A Master's degree in Nursing and graduation from an ANA approved Nurse Practitioner Program. Three (3) years nursing experience. Current/valid RN license in the state of Ohio prior to start.
Minimum Qualifications Physician Assistant: Graduation from a Physician Assistant program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or its predecessor agencies. Certification as a Physician Assistant by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants. Current/Valid license in the state of Ohio prior to start.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Vet / Disabled.
REQ ID: 10443