Req ID: 9642
The Bursar's office is looking for an Accountant 2. This position will report to Assistant Director and will support the University's mission and commitment to excellence and diversity in our students, faculty, staff and all other activities.
Job Summary: The Accountant 2 position is engaged in the day-to-day administration of student account reconciliations and processing of Return of Title IV funds (R2T4) within the Office of the Bursar.
Job Duties: Provide recommendations and expert advice to management or other groups on Bursar Office process-related topics. Conduct or carry out work procedures and activities in accordance with local, state, federal, Department of Education, and university regulations. Provide leadership by mentoring the Accountant 1 positions within the office.
Primary duties may include:
- Responsible for the review and completion of R2T4 calculations
- Maintain routine account journals and prepare basic financial statements
- Monitor and interpret financial data in the development of cost analysis and reports
- Analyze, establish, and maintain accounting systems
- Perform internal auditing of financial records and act as lead
- Prepare financial/statistical analysis reports
- Recommend accounting and control systems
- Phone Calls, Emails, and various duties assigned
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree with one (1) year experience: -OR- Associate's degree with three (3) years experience; -OR- five (5) years experience. Degree must be in Accounting or related field with related accounting experience.
- Experience with PeopleSoft, Analytical thinker, Attention to Detail, Task/Goal Orientated
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Vet / Disabled.
REQ ID: 9642