TUTOR - Amicus II, Inc.
WORK STUDY STUDENT WORKER
(This is an off-campus position)
Req ID: 9421
Amicus II, Inc. is seeing a Work Study Student Worker to perform the following responsibilities:
- Provide tutoring to Amicus II, students
- Offer assistance with developing study strategies
- Work with the student to develop a tutoring plan that fits their individual needs
- Prepare tutoring sessions to ensure students’s academic development
- Assess the student’s progress throughout tutoring sessions
- Participate in tutor training and development sessions
- Have successfully completed the course work for which tutoring services are being provided or a higher level course in that subject area with a grade of A or B
- Demonstrate knowledge and competence in the subject matter
- Enjoy tutoring the subject for which services are being provided
- Be able to explain concepts to others effectively
- Effectively communicate study strategies to ensure academic success
- Work comfortably with people from diverse backgrounds
- Possess good organizational skills and complete paperwork in a timely manner
- Exhibit patience and positive attitudes in establishing an encouraging learning environment
Training: Ongoing training will be provided; tutors who meet training criteria and uphold tutoring program polices are eligible for certification.
Schedule: Primarily 1:30 pm – 7:00 pm Monday-Friday during school year, summer hours are flexible because we are open 7:00 am – 7:00 pm Monday – Friday
Salary: $8.75 - $12.00 per hour with raise for each level of certification.
Please contact David Booker or Mabel Forsythe for more information:
email@example.com 313.399.0080 or 513.681.4000, (fax) 513.6814004
Application Process: You MUST upload a copy of your Federal Work Study Award letter and a current Resume. Failure to inclue a copy of your Federal Work Study Award may remove you from consideration.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer/ M / F / Vet / Disabled.
REQ ID: 9421