Req ID: 9245
University of Cincinnati Campus Recreation
Position Title: Licensed Massage Therapist
Reports To: Coordinator of Fitness and Wellness Services
Licensed Massage Therapists work as part of a team to meet client needs and build client base with an emphasis on customer service, recruitment and retention. This is a part-time, independent contractor position. The working schedule will include days, evenings, weekends and some holidays based on operational needs.
- Perform massage therapy services to a variety of clients amongst a diverse population
- Performs all massage and body treatments as licensed to the highest level of professionalism.
- Responsible for the promotion of a safe and professional workplace through adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Campus Recreation Staff handbook and training manual.
- Follows service standards as set by Campus Recreation to ensure service standards and consistency are met.
- Ensures atmosphere remains professional and tidy at all times.
- Has excellent knowledge of all Campus Recreation Fitness and Wellness services and programs.
- Has an awareness of the importance of intention in their work on a daily basis.
- Has excellent knowledge of the human body/anatomy, its structure and functions and can adapt each treatment according to the needs of the guest.
- Maintains knowledge on proper massage techniques and any contraindications.
- Remains updated on continuing education.
- Participates in scheduled massage team meetings and training opportunities.
- Participates in any required trainings and implement practices that are established.
- Maintains an organized, clean service space.
- Takes care of his/her own well-being by having good skin care and wellness practices.
- Remains current with the industry trends and standards
- Diploma from state approved massage school/training program.
- Current state massage license
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer relations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Superb professional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment, passionate about the promotion of health and wellness.
- Must be available for regular shift and flexible event scheduling based upon business needs.
- Successful completion of criminal background check
- Able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Previous experience as a massage therapist
- Previous customer service/hospitality/retail sales experience preferred
- Basic computer skills
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer/ M / F / Vet / Disabled.
REQ ID: 9245