Req ID: 8601
The University of Cincinnati serves the people of Ohio, the nation, and the world as a premier, public, urban research university dedicated to undergraduate, graduate, and professional education, experience-based learning, and research.
We are committed to excellence and diversity in our students, faculty, staff, and all of our activities. We provide an inclusive environment where innovation and freedom of intellectual inquiry flourish. Through scholarship, service, partnerships, and leadership, we create opportunity, develop educated and engaged citizens, enhance the economy and enrich our University, city, state and global community.
The University of Cincinnati’s information technology group (IT@UC) is seeking to hire a talented and motivated individual as a User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX) Management Specialist for the UCIT User Experience & Mobile App Lab department. The UI/UX Manager will provide leadership in setting the overall UI/UX and mobile strategy for IT@UC and the App Lab. The UI/UX manager will work to identify opportunities for growth, investment and partnership. Investigate emerging trends and technology in Mobile Development and User Interface/User Experience. They will also deliver high end quality interfaces and apps that can be leveraged by the UC community and beyond.
Successful candidates will have outstanding communication, collaboration, and leadership skills. As the software development projects assigned to the department are varied, the utilization of Agile software development methodologies is encouraged.
- Participate in strategic planning to leverage opportunities and projects for the advancement and promotion of the AppLab and the University at large.
- Participate in the establishment of strategies and processes for websites, native apps and user experience.
- Act as a product owner and lead team using Agile methodologies in drafting requirements, prioritizing features, product development and delivery.
- Create wireframes that illustrate site layout, navigation, controls, and content prioritization.
- Design the interface and experience for a broad range of digital marketing deliverables: landing pages, web sites, mobile apps, and more.
- Develop and maintain sitemap and wireframe mockups, usage scenarios, prototypes, specifications and other design documents to communicate design ideas.
- Communicate effectively in both verbal (i.e. day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written (requirements and design specifications) form, as well as have an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications.
- Support the development of team members from a professional and technical level.
- Effectively manage multiple priorities.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related degree with two (2) years’ experience; -OR- an Associate’s degree with four (4) years’ experience ; or six (6) years of intermediate level related. Possesses a thorough understanding of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures and contributes through experience, collaboration and problem resolution.
- A strong focus on mobile UI/UX and a keen understanding of what it takes to build high quality websites and mobile apps.
- The ability to help teams problem-solve.
- Thorough working knowledge of the SDLC models/methodologies, IT systems and their direct implementation to projects.
- Deep knowledge of the mobile landscape, devices/operating systems and user experience.
- Entrepreneurial and take-charge personality.
- Leadership and management skills in leading technical personnel through the delivery of software development projects.
- Strong business and systems analysis skills.
- Thorough understanding of Agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures.
- Ability to coach, mentor and train personnel within a technical organization.
- Strong analytical and planning skills/experience with software development projects.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer/ M / F / Vet / Disabled.
REQ ID: 8601