Req ID: 8101
The James L. Winkle College of Pharmacy, University of Cincinnati, invites applications for a non tenure-track faculty position at the Associate Professor level. The College seeks an interdisciplinary scientist with expertise in one or more of the following areas: semisolids formulation, colloid, surfactant and polymer science, skin and hair biology and clinical testing of cosmetic products. Candidates must have either (1) a PhD in a physical science, bioscience or engineering discipline and at least five years of experience in cosmetic science or (2) an exceptional record of technical achievement and at least ten years of experience in the field of cosmetic science. The successful applicant will advise and teach in educational programs within the College, with major emphasis on the growing Cosmetic Science Distance Learning program. He/she will have administrative responsibilities in this program and also coordinate the development and operation of a Cosmetic Science Laboratory facility. There will be an opportunity to participate in the research mission of the College. Ample opportunities exist for collaborations within the College, the Academic Health Center, the Colleges of Engineering and Arts and Sciences and with a range of industrial partners in the pharmaceutical, cosmetic and personal care industries.
The responsibilities of the selected candidate will be as follows:
- Serve as Academic Director of the Cosmetic Science Distance Learning (CSDL) program and advise students at all levels therein - non matriculated, certificate and MS students. Work with Assistant Director of Graduate Studies to administer the CSDL program, and with the Graduate Program Committee and College Administrative Team to monitor, improve and grow the program.
- Oversee the development and operation of the Cosmetic Science Laboratory facility and instruct students in various laboratory courses (details below). The selected candidate will lead the effort to properly equip the new facility for a variety of CSDL related activities including bench scale manufacturing, physical and colloidal properties assessment of test formulations, and clinical testing of hair and skin care products.
- Instruct both on campus and distance learning students in courses selected from existing courses. Examples of pharmaceutics and cosmetic science courses are shown on the next page. Guide the development of new course offerings consistent with faculty experience and the state of Cosmetic Science Laboratory facilities.
- Mentor or advise MS/PhD graduate students and develop and conduct sponsored research projects commensurate with the interest of the selected individual, the resources of the Cosmetic Science Laboratory, and the availability of time.
- Serve on College and University committees at the discretion of the Dean.
Pharmaceutics and Cosmetic Science courses:
Cosmetic Science series
- Cosmetic Science Laboratory
- Color Cosmetic Laboratory
- Skin Care Science
- Hair Care Science
- Cosmetic Formulations I, II or III
- Clinical and Instrumental Testing of Skin
- Molecular Biology of Skin
- Cosmetic Microbiology
- Color Cosmetics
- Capstone Project I and II
- Advanced Pharmaceutics I
- Advanced Pharmaceutics II
- Diffusion, Dissolution and Mass Transport in Pharmaceutical Systems
- Pharmaceutical Sciences Journal Club
- Pharmaceutical Sciences Seminar
- Drug Delivery I
- Drug Delivery II
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter, CV, statement regarding interest in the position, and the contact information for three (3) references. A statement of research interest is also preferred, but not required.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Vet / Disabled.
REQ ID: 8101