Associate To Chair (8162)
Department of Radiology
College of Medicine, University of Cincinnati
The University of Cincinnati is a premier, public, urban research university; ranked as one of America's top 26 public research universities by the National Science Foundation. U.S. News has ranked UC in the Top Tier of America's Best Colleges. The Chronicle of Higher Education calls UC a "research heavyweight". Forbes, Delta Sky and Travel + Leisure magazines have named UC one of the most beautiful campuses. #HottestCollegeInAmerica
The Department of Radiology at the University of Cincinnati, College of Medicine (COM) is seeking an Associate To. This position will provide, under minimal supervision, complex and diversified administrative staff support to the Chair of the Department of Radiology in a diverse academic and medical community.
For more information about the Department of Radiology please visit: http://med2.uc.edu/radiology/home.aspx
- Perform responsible administrative staff functions for the Chair of the Department of Radiology, frequently of a confidential nature concerning administrative activities of substantial complexity
- Maintain liaison with designated unit directors and administrators, as well as external offices and agencies to ensure conformity to external policies and procedures
- Represent designated administrator, as needed, with moderate authority to make commitments on administrative policies and procedures
- Plan and schedule complex calendar(s) with limited or no consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts. Negotiate and manage the needs of individuals or groups requesting time with the Department Chair independently committing his/her time.
- Responsible for screening correspondence, telephone calls, preparing responses to departmental chair inquiries; keep the Department Chair informed of all matters requiring attention
- Independently prioritize, plan, coordinate and/or oversee logistics and conferences with individuals and entities internal and external to the Department of Radiology
- Manage business travel in compliance with departmental and university policies and procedures
- Responsible for reconciliation of departmental time off from work requests. Oversight and responsibility to ensure appropriate documentation is received in relation to approved travel authorizations for departmental faculty and staff
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously by multi-tasking to meet changing priorities and meet deadlines
- Perform other related duties as needed
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor's degree and three (3) years' experience; -OR- Associate's degree and five (5) years' experience; -OR- seven (7) years' experience. Degree and experience must be in a related field. Some positions may require experience in university administration. Experience may also require at least one (1) year supervision.
Desired Skills and Requirements:
- Demonstrated high-level administrative experience
- Proficiency with PCs, especially word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software are essential (preferably Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including editing and proofreading
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle and perform sensitive issues, maintain confidentiality in a respectful professional manner
The University of Cincinnati is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer/ M/F/Vet/Disabled.