NURSE PRACTITIONER - ADVANCED PRACTICE PSYCHIATRIC NURSE (7684)
DEPARTMENT of PSYCHIATRY and BEHAVIORAL NEUROSCIENCE
COLLEGE of MEDICINE, UNIVERSITY of CINCINNATI
The University of Cincinnati is a premier, public, urban research university; ranked as one of America's top 26 public research universities by the National Science Foundation. U.S. News has ranked UC in the Top Tier of America's Best Colleges. The Chronicle of Higher Education calls UC a "research heavyweight". Forbes, Delta Sky and Travel + Leisure magazines have named UC one of the most beautiful campuses. #HottestCollegeInAmerica
The College of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience is looking for a Nurse Practitioner- Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurse. The Nurse Practitioner- Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurse will provide outpatient services and inpatient services for our Pysciatric Emergency Services (PES) unit. Inpatient units are located in a dedicated facility with access to the main University of Cincinnati Medical Center. The Nurse Practitioner - Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurse will have the opportunity to collaborate a range of professionals. Our Psychiatric Emergency Services (PES) provides high quality urgent care to patients from throughout Southwest Ohio, Northern Kentucky and Indiana. Psychiatric emergency care in PES is managed by psychiatry with access to the medical emergency room as needed. This position will support the University's mission and commitment to excellence and diversity in our students, faculty, staff and all our activities.
Under general supervision from a designated administrator, assist in providing comprehensive, continuous, and personalized care to patients in various clinical areas. Facilitate the delivery of health care as patient enters and moves through the health care system.
- Collect developmental history of patient.
- Conduct basic physical and psychosocial assessment of the individual and/or family. Assist physicians and other providers in delivery of care.
- Discriminate between normal conditions and normal and abnormal deviations by specific screening and tests. Refer patients with abnormal findings to physicians.
- Manage common episodic and chronic illnesses and administer medication and treatments as prescribed. Obtain treatment consents as needed.
- Provide counseling and health training.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Participate in research and development projects.
- Order supplies as necessary; stock and maintain rooms.
- Provide direct supervision to exempt and non-exempt staff (i.e., hiring/firing, performance evaluations, disciplinary action, approve time off, etc.).
- Perform related duties based on departmental need.
Current/valid RN license to practice in the state of Ohio. A Master's degree in Nursing and graduation from an ANA approved Nurse Practitioner Program. Three (3) years nursing experience. Certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) in Psychiatric Mental Health (PMH) as Psychiatic-Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist (PMHCNS-BC) or Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP-BC).
This position is located on the University of Cincinnati, College of Medicine campus in the exciting and growing city of Cincinnati, Ohio. New developments and projects are abundant in Cincinnati, which offers sports, art, entertainment and more. Cincinnati has been identified as one of the most livable cities in the US, due its affordable, big city lifestyle.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Vet / Disabled.