MAS Software Engineer Intern
Based in Costa Mesa, CA
UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
The Global Security Products (GSP) group at UTC Climate, Controls & Security develops a comprehensive product portfolio to protect buildings, people and assets; providing innovative security products that include advanced software and hardware, IP solutions, wireless communications, electronic locking systems, and mobile applications. Among its leading brands are Lenel, Interlogix, Supra and Onity offering robust security and life safety systems, and affordable, flexible lock and key management solutions.
Each day, the engineering team is working to meet some of the most unique and exciting global challenges. In order to maintain our role as a global leader, we continue to seek talented, ambitious individuals to join our engineering team. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to apply your technical expertise, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking an innovative, data driven, results-oriented Software Engineering Intern to contribute to our continued legacy of innovation.
We are currently we are looking for passionate and enthusiastic Software Engineer who will join an international team working on development of a world class alarm monitoring solution. Successful candidates need to be able to communicate freely in English in phone conversations or face-to-face meetings, be team players, and keen to work across different cultures and time zones.
* Applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering and mathematical analysis.
* Analyzing software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
* Assist with preparation of, and interprets specifications for operational and performance requirements for software systems
* Consult with other engineering staff to evaluate system interfaces
* Prepare comprehensive inline and external documentation describing software implementation.
* Analyze failure reports from in-house testing and customer use to design and implement software corrections.
* Consult with other engineers concerning maintenance of software systems.
* May coordinate installation of software systems.
* Database development experience in PL-SQL or T-SQL
* Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture design
* Experience with Windows Communication Foundation and/or Windows Presentation Foundation
* Experience in Security Systems business and/or accounting / financial software
Education EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Pursuing undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent
* Rising Junior
* Relational database Standard Query Language (SQL) experience
* Experience in object oriented design and development;.Net/C# and Visual Studio is preferred
* Command of spoken and written English
* 3.0 GPA or higher
About United Technologies Corporation
United Technologies Corporation (UTC) provides high technology products and services to the building systems and aerospace industries. It has six segments: Otis, Carrier, UTC Fire & Security (UTC F&S), Pratt & Whitney, Hamilton Sundstrand and Sikorsky. Otis includes elevators, escalators, moving walkways and services. Carrier includes heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and equipment, and food service equipment. UTC F&S offers electronic security, fire detection and suppression, monitoring and response systems and services, and security personnel services. Pratt & Whitney includes military aircraft engines, parts and services, industrial gas turbines and space propulsion. Hamilton Sundstrand includes aerospace products and aftermarket services. Sikorsky offers military and commercial helicopters, aftermarket helicopter, and aircraft parts and services. In October 2008, the Company acquired Architectural Energy Corp.