About Union Bank Corporation
DOING RIGHT. IT'S JUST GOOD BUSINESS.
If there's one thing we've learned in nearly 150 years, it's this: When you do what's right for customers, long-lasting relationships will follow. Over the years we have grown and changed in many ways, but doing right will always be at the heart of our business.
Headquartered in San Francisco, UnionBanCal Corporation is a financial holding company with assets of $105.5 billion at September 30, 2013. Its primary subsidiary, Union Bank, N.A., provides an array of financial services to individuals, small businesses, middle-market companies, and major corporations. The bank operated 422 branches in California, Washington, Oregon, Texas, Illinois, and New York as well as 2 international offices, on September 30, 2013.
UnionBanCal Corporation is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd., which is a subsidiary of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. Union Bank is a proud member of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG, NYSE:MTU), one of the world's largest financial organizations.
Visit www.unionbank.com for more information.
The Lead PeopleSoft Developer will work closely with the Systems Analysts supporting PeopleSoft Financials (General Ledger, Accounts Payable and Fixed Assets). Throughout the implementation, this resource will play a key role in minimizing customizations and build only for differentiation. The candidate should show initiative, strong troubleshooting skills and welcome the opportunity to take a role in proactively improving our systems.
- Will work to ensure the implementation, development and support of the PeopleSoft Financials 9.2 system is stable and scalable.
- Develop and support customized code, interfaces, and reports for the implementation and ongoing development and operations of all PeopleSoft application modules deployed at Union Bank. Early identification of development issues and corrective action to mitigate issues is required with these responsibilities.
- Responsibilities include other elements of technical support on PeopleSoft for the analysts and users, such as bug analysis, patch testing and application, and support requirements analysis and customization design.
- Work within a disciplined change-and-configuration management environment to maintain control over the development and introduction of new function to the operations. Influence the change control team on best practices of handling code migrations between environments.
- Help define the coding standards for the entire application. Develop detail-level design documents from functional requirements and adhere to the development and naming standards established.
- Determine the best tool to development and maintain the functional or reporting requirement using a "bolt-on" development approach. Should be able to influence systems analysts to build for differentiation and avoid customizations.
- Participate in the rollout of any changes to the production environment and the setting of new standards using change control, documentation, and full communication with the operations and support
- Develop code in a timely fashion that minimizes impact to future maintenance and upgrades. Be the key resource to determine the impact of patches and tax updates applied to the application.
- Documentation of all development and making sure the off-shore support team does that same.
- Third level support for development/production support issues.
Education and Experience Requirements
- College degree, preferably a B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or the equivalent.
- 10 years' of experience supporting a PeopleSoft 8/9.x with PeopleTools 8.5 x environments is required, and experience covering PeopleSoft 9.x full life cycle implementation and/or upgrade is preferred.
- Demonstrated competency and skill with Application Designer, Application Engine, Integration Broker, PeopleTools, SQR, Crystal, XML Publisher, Component Interface, Excel-to-CI, Object Oriented PeopleCode, and all other technical aspects of the PeopleSoft environment is required.
- An understanding and core competency in software development lifecycle processes, concepts and techniques and experience in deploying, supporting and improving this, including an understanding of SEI CMM concepts and their practical implementation.
- Advanced development experience in a PeopleSoft environment required
- Understanding of the PeopleSoft Internet Architecture (PIA) is a must.
- Demonstrated skills with PeopleCode and PeopleTools are a must.
- Must be highly experienced in Oracle SQL
- Must have worked in Linux based systems
- Shell / ftp / Perl scripting - preferred
- Must be able to tune the code and SQLs
- Must have strong experience in writing PS/Query and utilizing in XML publisher / Crystal /nVision.
- Must be a team player with good interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate and work directly with end users.
- Must understand the value of a standardized, centrally-managed environment.
- Must be able to work in stressful situations.
Why Work for Union Bank?
- We are a financially strong and stable bank.
- We value workplace diversity.
- We are committed to the training and development of our employees.
- Innovative vacation benefits.
- We offer a matching 401k, a Retirement Plan, a variety of Flexible Health Benefits.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Union Bank is committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and our business. EOE. M/F/D/V