Tucson Electric Power, one of Arizona's leading utility companies, seeks an individual for the position of Student Intern in the Corporate Environmental Services Department. This position will supplement permanent staff and offer work experience to college students in environmental-related business functions. The selected candidate will gain practical experience by learning IT Security principles, standards and compliance, policies and procedures, tools and systems used by the department. This person should have a strong interest in the area of Cyber Security and Information Technology.
* Successful candidate's primary responsibility will be to support Corporate Environmental Services staff. Duties may include support of environmental policy initiatives as well as regulatory compliance in environmental program areas. Specific tasks may include:
* Collect and input data on various company functions, including database management
* Research and report on industry initiatives relating to sustainability
* Environmental policy analysis including data collection, evaluation and reporting
* Regulatory compliance assistance including research, report writing, and preparation of forms and plans as required by various regulations
* Perform other administrative assignments as requested
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
* Must be pursuing a degree in Environmental Science / Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering or related discipline with a graduation date of May 2018 or later.
* Must be able to work a minimum of 15 hours per week during regular business hours; and up to 40 hours a week during the summer and school breaks
* Must have a high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to protect highly sensitive and confidential information; Must be able to meet regular deadlines
* Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills
* Must possess functional knowledge of Microsoft Office products
* Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
* Student Interns must maintain the required hours for full-time student status, good academic standing at their college or university, as defined by the college or university and the GPA required for graduation by their college or university.
* Failure to maintain full-time status, good academic standing and/or the requisite GPA will result in Student Interns being deemed ineligible for participation in this program.
* Student Interns are employed on a temporary basis and are generally not eligible for some benefits; including holiday pay
* Scheduling of work hours and assignments should be made taking into consideration that Student Interns are students first and employees second.
Returning applicants, log in here:Previous Applicants:Email:Password:
If you do not remember your password click here.
About Tucson Electric Power Co Inc
Tucson Electric Power Company (TEP) is a vertically integrated utility that provides regulated electric service to approximately 400,000 retail customers in Southeastern Arizona. TEP's service territory consists of a 1,155 square mile area and includes a population of approximately one million in the greater Tucson metropolitan area in Pima County, as well as parts of Cochise County. TEP holds a franchise to provide electric distribution service to customers in the Cities of Tucson and South Tucson. These franchises expire in 2026 and 2017, respectively. TEP also sells electricity to other utilities and power marketing entities in the Western United States. The Company is the principal operating subsidiary of UniSource Energy Corporation. As of December 31, 2008, TEP owned or leased 2,204 megawatts of net generating capability. TEP has transmission access and power transaction arrangements with over 120 electric systems or suppliers.