|Job Opening ID||3845BR|
|City||Hartford, St. Paul|
|Job Category||Project/Operations Management|
|Company Information||Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.|
|Job Summary||Key player to implement strategic and tactical operational initiatives. Effectively manages operations and processes associated with Technology Support for the field. Sets and monitors performance standards. Collaborates with underwriting and internal support staff to identify training needs, assess quality/performance standards for the Technology Support team and ensure priorities are responsive to achieving business goals. Assures all related activities are delivered in a manner consistent with customer service and expense management focus. Span of Control Guideline: - Direct Reports: Optimal 12 - 20 - Offices: Optimal 1-3 - BUs: Optimal 1-2 Develops strategic and implements tactical policy workflow and performance standards development / implementation.|
|Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities|
- Parcipate in the implementation of long and short term business strategies to effectively achieve objectives.
- Implement and participate in the development of tactical business planning and monitoring decisions/activities designed to support business goals.
- Participate in the implementation of operational and service strategies, policies, workflow processes and standards. Ensure effective utilization of these strategies, policies, etc.
- Manage support activities to meet production goals; assure compliance and performance standards are achieved; provide management information as necessary; and utilize all available resources in a cost effective manner. Provide management information reports.
- Act in a collaborative capacity with service, billing, HO, etc. to resolve problems/issues quickly. Establish priorities and make workflow decisions. Assure that our contractual commitments are met.
- Manage the effective implementation of new technologies and the utilization of existing systems.
- Resolve operation matters resulting in bottleneck situations to assure business results are not negatively affected by operational problems.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal resources to coordinate the delivery of all related services to clients.
- Maintain an appropriate level of customer service.
- Participate in major projects as assigned.
- Develop, coach and mentor staff.
- Perform all necessary staff management functions to support profit, growth and expense management goals.
|Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies|
- Clearly articulates even the most complex concepts so others understand.
- Influences others without using formal authority.
- Is open to being influenced to explore new possibilities.
- Adjusts own style according to the demands of the situation.
- Shares information internally and maintains confidentiality.
- Basic Computer Skills with Microsoft Office
|Education, Work Experience & Knowledge|
- College degree preferred in related field, such as Business, Finance or Insurance.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience related to P&C Insurance. * Management of staff.
- Solid understanding of Property-Casualty products and services.
- Solid understanding of underwriting and marketing functions and environments.
- Systems / Technical background.
- Demonstrated communication, problem solving, decision making and customer focus skills.
- Ability to identify, manage and report on key metrics.
- Ability to learn/understand the connectedness of the various systems and strategic initiatives and the dependency to operations.
- Executes Business Strategy * Leads Change * Drives Results * Promotes Enterprise Culture * Attracts Top Talent * Maximizes Individual and Organizational Performance * Holds Others Accountable * Aligns Rewards * Creates and Sustains A Dynamic Workplace * Exhibits Courage, Convictions, and Credibility * Communicates Effectively and Influences Others * Applies Critical Thinking * Demonstrates Self-Awareness
|Equal Employment Opportunity Statement||Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.|