The principal objective of the Regional Business Office Manager (RBOM) is to support the Regional Vice President (RVP) in their implementation of both tactical and long-term strategy for the region. Accomplishing this objective to the satisfaction of the RVP is of primary importance.
The Regional Business Office Manager interacts with employees at every level within the organization, from administrator to principal. The performance assessment of the Regional Business Office Manager by others with whom he or she interacts, including those in the Corporate Office and those in the local offices, is also very important, as the opinions and attitudes of colleagues contribute to the effectiveness of the Regional Business Office Manager’s capacity to accomplish the prescribed objectives.
- MBA or CPA education required
- Minimum 10 years of related experience
- Must have experience with business/financial management/accounting
- Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with Microsoft Project
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with TLs and PMs to monitor financial and project performance, ensuring the overall success of projects and ultimately, each of their offices. Combines leadership and mentoring skills in assisting TLs and PMs to establish and satisfy realistic performance goals.
- Studies procedures and makes recommendations to improve project and office efficiency and performance.
- Maintains familiarity with and involvement in the Office Standardization Program (OSP) process to provide essential on-site monitoring of procedural adherence from the programming stage to the move-in date, with consultation of the DO.
- Manages leasing sources, including continuous maintenance and evaluation of equipment leases. Such equipment includes vehicles, computers, furniture, and other provisional requirements. Additionally, the Regional Business Office Manager coordinates the office facility needs with building owner/landlord.
- Produces weekly/monthly project reports and provides information to TLs as required.
- Focuses close attention on accounting department reports, advising the Regional Vice President (RVP) and Area Managers whenever it becomes apparent that variances in profit objectives present a future possibility.
- Monitors transactions within accounts receivable, including holds, utilization, and write-offs. Consults with Regional Vice President (RVP), Project Managers, TLs and Client Managers to clarify and establish the methodology and practice for determining appropriate actions to follow in ensuring that accounts receivables are collected in a timely manner.
- Monitors Accounts Receivable collection process, including discussion with the Director of Business Management :
- Provides information and direction regarding A/R status;
- Reports weekly and at monthly Project Managers meetings, communicating and reinforcing the following guidelines
- Assists the Regional Vice President (RVP) in preparing annual operating budget for each office in the Regional Business Office Manager’s, designated area.
- Ensure consistent compliance of corporate policies and procedures is maintained by staff.
- Coordinates with office staff to distribute monthly direct labor reports and assists Regional Vice President (RVP) and Team Leaders in monitoring and managing the labor force of the offices within their designated areas to ensure that it is appropriately sized/staffed for the volume of work being delivered.
- Communicates timely and effectively on all appropriate aspects of business management with designated Regional Vice President (RVP), Managing Principals, and TLs within designated areas, as well as with other members of the Senior Management and Corporate Management Team.
- Conducts monthly review meetings. Regional Business Office Manager (RBOM) and Business Manager for each area will conduct monthly Project Review Meetings with each Project Manager to discuss the appropriateness of budget estimates for each individual project.
- Update project billing/budgets in the Office Annual FAR Adjustment Worksheet after the audited FAR overhead rate is issued.
Qualities that serve to create a successful Regional Business Office Manager (most of which are not specifically measurable) include (not in order of importance):
- Well-defined sense of urgency and determination;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Develop good working relationships with colleagues;
- Ability to work independently;
- Problem solving skills;
- Accounting/Finance knowledge, particularly that which is specific to the firm;
- Leadership skills;
- Highly organized, ability to delegate and prioritize;
- Mentoring/coaching skills.
- The successful Regional Business Office Manager must have knowledge of company policy and TranSystems’ IT systems (invoicing, A/P, reporting, Contract & Budget Forecasting (CBF), etc.).
TranSystems is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, disability, protected Veteran status or any other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law).