We currently have great job opportunities for Plant Utility Workers at our Centralia, WA, power generation station. This role performs general plant work, labor, and housekeeping at the power plant facilities.
- Operate and monitor the ash and slag conveying removal handling equipment.
- Assist the Fuel Equipment Operator with fuel handling and monitoring at the rail car unloading facility.
- Operate and drive all equipment engaged in thermal plant production, construction and maintenance work.
- Operate end-loader of yard or less capacity.
- Keep areas around conveyors and ash equipment clean as assigned.
- Perform normal operating care maintenance to the equipment in his/her charge.
- Follow plant safety and production policies and procedures.
- Consistently work in safe manner.
- Regularly climb stairways and ladders.
- Safely work in all weather conditions.
- Lift and carry objects weighing between 30-40 lbs unassisted.
- Wear protective clothing and steel toed boots.
- Perform general labor and tasks as assigned.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both written and verbal.
- Ability to hear clearly (corrected or uncorrected).
- Must possess good visual acuity (corrected or uncorrected).
- Must be able to attend job reliably.
- Experience operating handheld power tools.
- Teamwork, cooperation and positive attitude.
- Good communication skills
- Good math and mechanical reasoning abilities
- Maintenance and/or operations background is a plus.
Wages ranging from $13.99/hr to $27.15/hr depending on qualifications and experience.
We offer competitive pay, benefits, vacation and retirement.
TransAlta is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce.
TransAlta Centralia Mining, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of TransAlta Corporation U.S.A. TransAlta Corporation, headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, is a non-regulated electricity generation company, operating in Canada, the United States, Mexico, and Australia.