Part Time Code Enforcement Officer
- Monitor and enforce municipal, county and state adopted codes through field inspection and investigations.
- Investigates reports of code and ordinance violations; determines appropriate course of action to correct violations.
- Prepares and sends letters to business and property owners explaining code violations.
- Enforces Local Zoning Codes; prepares reports.
- Assists state and local environmental agencies with conducting inspections and resolving issues as needed.
- Educates the public regarding Federal, State of New York Local Codes and environmental awareness for construction sites.
- Testifies in court proceedings as required.
- Prepares reports and maintain inspection records.
- Assist Tax Assessor with locating property owners as requested.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Fire Safety Inspections
- Property Maintenance
City, county, state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to land use, zoning, building permits, property maintenance, health public safety, peace, fire, traffic, and public nuisance; methods, procedures and techniques used in the identification, interpretation and enforcement of a wide variety of code violations; principles and methods of research and investigation related to code enforcement; effective public relations practices; evidentiary requirements for courts of law; applicable state and federal regulations regarding disabled access.
Recognize conditions that constitute code violations; use effective interpersonal techniques to interact with citizens and the public when explaining, public safety, fire, traffic, zoning/land use codes and permit requirements; analyze potential code violations accurately and adopt effective resolution processes; research and interpret land use, zoning, planning and construction-related codes and investigations; prepare comprehensive reports and deliver oral and written presentations; carry out duties with minimum supervision.
- Certified New York State Code Enforcer (or equivalent within 18 months)
- Knowledge of International Building Code
- Knowledge of New York Uniform Code Supplement
- Clean NY State Driver’s License
- Back ground in construction or relevant education.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience in Fire and Safety Inspections (Preferred)
Please click "Apply Now" to send your resume and cover letter.