The Data Analytics Analyst will define, gather and analyze measures of Vanguard's client experience across all channels (with the primary focus being the web). To be an advocate for measuring client experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Owns subdivision projects that contribute to the effort of defining analytics to measure the effectiveness of our cross-channel client experiences.
2. Builds, maintains, and publishes dashboards and insights that surface key performance indicators.
3. Gathers, cleanses and analyzes data from multiple sources including but not limited to; Adobe Analytics, Tealeaf, Sitespect and Enterprise Databases.
4. Assists with the preparation of presentations that translate analytic insights into tangible, actionable solutions for business partners to implement.
5. Provides analytics implementation requirements, representing our business needs.
6. Provides consulting services (with supervision) to colleagues needing data for specific projects.
7. Suggests analytics infrastructure improvements and decisions regarding skills, process, and technology.
8. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
* Undergraduate degree (BS/BA in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Marketing Research preferred), or equivalent combination of training & experience.
* A minimum of three years general business experience.
* Strategic thinker with tactical abilities.
* Proficiency in applied statistical techniques, such as cluster and segmentation analysis, time series analysis, regression/logistic regression analysis, and developing and monitoring scorecards.
* Superior testing and quality control skills and attitude.
* MS office skills. Strong Excel skills in data manipulation and presentation.
* Strong analytical skills coupled with the ability to form hypotheses and draw meaningful insights from disparate data sources. Knowledge of marketing and user experience disciplines a significant plus.
* Excellent written/oral communication, project management and presentation skills. Able to clearly articulate and present findings and recommendations to team members and management, and to technical and non-technical audiences. Strong data visualization skills.
* Experience with Adobe Analytics, Tealeaf, and SiteSpect. 4+ years experience strongly desired.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
About The Vanguard Group, Inc.
In 1975, a small but uniquely structured mutual fund company came into being. More than a quarter-century later, Vanguard is internationally known for exceptional client service and the highest-value products in the industry.
Most investment firms are publicly traded or privately owned. Vanguard is different. We're owned by the Vanguard funds, which are owned by our clients. Helping our investors achieve their goals is our sole reason for existence. With no other parties to answer to and no conflicting loyalties, we can keep investing costs as low as possible.
At Vanguard, you'll be part of a culture that calls for doing what is right in every situation, every day.
A Choice of Locations:
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, and Sydney, Australia
- Hong Kong
- London, England
- Paris, France
- Tokyo, Japan
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Valley Forge, Pennsylvania; Charlotte, North Carolina; and Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Corporate headquarters: Valley Forge, Pennsylvania.
- Founded: May 1, 1975.
- Total assets: Approximately $1.7 trillion in U.S. mutual funds (as of December 31, 2011).
- Number of funds: Approximately 170 U.S. funds (including variable annuity portfolios), plus additional funds in international markets.
- Chairman and CEO: F. William McNabb III.
- Number of employees (crew): Approximately 13,000 in U.S. and international locations (as of December 31, 2011).
Mission & Values
Our mission is simple. We aim to help our clients—individuals, institutions, or financial advisors—reach their financial goals by being the world's highest-value provider of investment products and services. We accomplish this by offering a range of investment products, including low-cost mutual funds and exchange-traded funds, as well as investment-related services such as advice, brokerage, and retirement savings programs.
We pledge to adhere to the highest standard of ethical behavior and fiduciary responsibility in all that we do. We put our clients' interests first and we invest the majority of our assets alongside theirs. We communicate candidly about risks and costs, as well as rewards.
Our Investment Philosophy:
We believe that investing is a long-term proposition, not a matter of chasing short-term performance or investment fads. By focusing on low costs, diversification, and a long-term perspective, we can help position our clients for long-term investment success.
As soon as you start working at Vanguard, you'll learn what's expected of you and what you need to do to achieve results. You'll have access to a wide variety of resources, receive support to help you succeed, and much more.
We continue to be recognized as a leader in the development of our crew. In fact, year after year, we rank high on Training magazine's "Training Top 125" list for our strong commitment to learning and professional career development.
|Best-in-class health care coverage, a generous retirement and savings plan, and life insurance are all part of the Total Rewards package you'll receive as a crew member—along with your compensation, work-life offerings, and conveniences. Our Total Rewards package is a big reason Vanguard is an employer of choice.