Louis Berger is currently looking to expand its Transportation Engineering Group Nationwide, and is seeking a Drainage Engineer for a position in our Santa Fe, New Mexico office.
The Drainage Engineer will have the opportunity to support both local and national key projects, will work collaboratively with other engineers on projects with the State DOTs, regional and local agencies and will take on the following responsibilities:
* Perform hydrologic and hydraulic analyses and prepare drainage studies.
* Perform scour analysis and design slope protection systems/ bridge armoring.
* Integrate natural channel design principles and geomorphology into drainage designs.
* Assist with civil/highway, drainage/stormwater engineering designs of transportation networks and systems infrastructure.
* Apply civil engineering techniques and processes to identify improvements for various project phases involving transportation engineering works including concept development, preliminary design, final design, procurement, construction and operation.
* Obtain project data and information concerning transportation engineering works and requirements including drawings, specifications, project cost information, etc.
* Assist in the preparation of reports documenting all findings, conclusions and recommendations resulting from the analysis.
* Perform all other duties that may be requested by the Transportation Engineering Division Manager.
The successful candidate will have the following:
* B.S. in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
* 6 months to 8 years of drainage experience on linear development projects preparing drainage studies and drainage plans (Internship Experience Accepted).
* Experience with AutoCAD Civil3D and/or Microstation V8i
* Experience with Hydrologic and Hydraulic Analysis Software
* Excellent interpersonal skills, team work, and communication skills, both written and verbal (English).
* Engineer in Training or ability to obtain an EIT in six months.
* Experience with drainage design of NMDOT or linear development projects.
* Master's Degree.
* AutoCad Civil 3D, Microstation Inroads, Primavera experience.
* Experience with other regional, county, and municipal agencies.