DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS:
Senior director level position responsible for establishing and leading a world class global packaging technical design organization for the world#s most recognized brands and packages.
- Lead Global Coca-Cola World Class Packaging Design Function
- Identify, Source, Lead, Mentor and Motivate a diverse team of World Class Packaging Subject Matter Experts in Plastic, Metal, Glass, Flexible and Fiber Packaging & Closure Design And Associated Manufacturing Processes (Injection Molding, Stretch Blow Molding, Extrusion Blow Molding, Metal Package Forming, Film Forming, Lamination, Paper Manufacturing & Conversion)
- Model and Establish A Collaborative, Innovative, Team Based , Open working Environment.
- Establish Global Coca-Cola Packaging Design Strategy
- Establish & Lead Global Packaging Design and SME Community
- Lead Global Coca-Cola Packaging Design Approval Process
- Work with Global & Regional Marketing, Procurement, Manufacturing & Business Communities To Establish, Manage and Continuously Re-fill Global Packaging Platforms & Pipelines For Key Product Categories
- Work with Global Procurement, Manufacturing, Equipment Innovation and Delta CommunitiesTo Establish, Manage and Continuously Re-fill Global
Packaging Productivity Improvement Pipelines
- Work with Environmental & Water Resources, Global Material R&D, Global Procurement and Manufacturing teams to implement new sustainable packaging materials and designs to support and stimulate our Company#s 2020 Planet initiatives including source reduction, energy reduction, renewable materials, recycle content and re-useable packaging .
- Work with Quality Assurance and SRA to monitor emerging packaging
related quality, regulatory and Consumer trends and identify industry leading
solutions to protect Coca-Cola and Company brand reputation.
- Establish & maintain Senior Level Relationships with Company Marketing, Technical, Business Unit and Bottling System to understand and incorporate business trends and needs into and establish buy-in for global packaging strategies.
- Establish maintain Senior Level Relationships With World Leading Global packaging and package manufacturing supply base and new packaging technology academic and innovation organizations to understand and apply technology trends against business needs.
- Experience in establishing and leading
- Consumer and Customer focused packaging R&D strategies and
- Coca-Cola or Beverage Industry Consumer Packaging R&D experience
- Track Record of identifying and launching industry leading new packaging designs
- Track Record of identifying and launching major packaging productivity programs
- Track Record of identifying and launching industry leading sustainable packaging materials, designs and manufacturing processes
- Track record of working successfully in complex, global business organizations and environments
- Multi-material packaging design and conversion subject matter expertise and experience
- 10+ Years of Consumer Packaging R&D Experience
- Bachelor Level Engineering Or Material Science Degree
- Masters Level Science/Engineering degree or MBA preferred
Position Scope -
- Global Packaging Design & Conversion Lead Role
- Responsible For R&D & Innovation For 24Bn Unit Case Consumer Packaging Business
- Responsible For R&D and Innovation For $6BN Annual Global Packaging pend
- Responsible for identifying $58MM Annual Packaging Productivity
- Direct Management of 10
- Senior Technical Subject Matter Experts
- Responsible For $10MM Direct R& D
- Annual Budget Function Specific Activities:
Participate in team projects, interdepartmental/divisional committees
or company-wide initiatives in order to share information, represent
the department/division perspective or assist with product development,
process modification, package development and marketing.
Update document(s) (e.g., project proposal, strategic project brief,
project charter, project scope, product specifications) in order to
complete the detailed design, product manufacturing and commercial
Generate a plan and timeline to commercialize the technology (e.g.,
packaging, production, distribution, capitalization) ensure system
readiness, and define resource scheduling in order to meet project
Determine requirements for commercialization project communications to
stakeholders, upper management and project team to ensure that everyone
understands project scope, progress made and budget issues.
Monitor commercialization progress (e.g., weekly project meetings) to
ensure project stays on time for planned launch.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience Related Work Experience:
At least 9 years Core Competencies:
Drives Innovative Business Improvements: Develops new insights into solutions
that result in organizational improvements; promotes a work environment that
fosters creative thinking, innovation and rational risk-taking.
Balances Immediate and Long-Term Priorities: Seeks to meet critical objectives
while considering the impact of those decisions and activities on the ability
to achieve long-term goals.
Delivers Results: Focuses on the critical few objectives that add the most
value and channels own and others' energy to consistently deliver results that
meet or exceed expectations.
Imports and Exports Good Ideas: Relentlessly seeks, shares and adopts ideas
and best practices in and outside the Company and embraces change introduced by
Develops and Inspires Others: Builds and maintains relationships that
motivate, guide, and/or reinforce the performance of others toward goal
accomplishments. Develops self and others to improve performance in current
role and to prepare for future roles; seeks and provides feedback and coaching
to enhance performance.
Basic Project Management: Knowledge of project management principles
and the ability to apply the principles, tools and techniques to
develop/plan, manage or execute projects or workplans to ensure
successful completion (e.g., on time, within budget).
Fountain Dispensing Equipment: Knowledge of postmix dispensing
equipment such as valve, icemaker, cooling, carbonation, BIB pump,
tubing and water booster technologies.
Advanced Packaging: Knowledge of packaging materials (e.g., can and
end, closure, glass bottle, plastic bottles, and thermally processed
and sensitive beverages). Includes knowledge of material design,
functionality, performance standards, specifications and test
procedures. Also includes knowledge of manufacturing, filling, supply
chain and costing.
Advanced Project Management: Ability to lead capital (e.g.,
construction) and/or high-profile projects (e.g., BestPET,
eKOfreshment) that involve cross-functional teams. Includes the ability
to manage large budgets, broad scopes, multiple suppliers and/or team
members from partner companies.
Asset Improvement: The ability to use engineering principles to
troubleshoot existing line and plant layouts and design, plant and
dispensing equipment, dispensing systems, control systems and
installation/maintenance issues in an efficient and effective manner.
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace.
This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen.
Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.