TOGETHER WE ENTERTAIN MORE THAN 750,000 PASSENGERS A DAY WHILE IN-FLIGHT
Have you ever wondered what it takes to develop a world-class entertainment system 30,000 feet in the air? Thales InFlyt Experience products offer end-to-end solutions that support our customers before, during and after the flight. Thales supplies in-flight entertainment and connectivity experiences to more than 60 airlines around the globe and as a trusted airline partner is committed to building its position as an industry leader. We are proud that our InFlyt Experience systems are used by over 274 million passengers a year on the more than 150,000 systems delivered. Our InFlyt Experience team continues to power the innovation, vision and brilliance needed to deliver a first-class customer experience - so be a part of something big, join Thales.
At Thales, we design solutions that equip the aviation community with fully connected end-to-end solutions to transport passengers and cargo while improving safety and security and simplifying operational management, in partnership with aircraft manufacturers and service providers. We enable two-thirds of planes to take off and land safely even in the most densely crowded skies. We create in-flight entertainment systems that equip more than 1,700 aircraft to provide passengers with a more satisfying and connected flying experience. We develop the avionics that control the world's largest commercial airline fleets and help further increase fuel and operational efficiencies, shorten travel and turn-around times. Our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transport and search and rescue helicopters. At Thales, this is what we do every day.
Together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.
In the U.S., we employ more than 3,000 people across more than 20 locations in 13 states. We are a leading technology provider serving five mission-critical markets: aerospace, defense, security, space and transportation. Globally, we employ more than 62,000 people in 56 countries allowing us to design and deploy equipment, systems and services to meet the demands of some of the most complex environments on the planet.
At Thales, we believe technology can make the world a better place. For us this is more than a job, it's our passion. Together, with our customers and partners around the globe, we are working to build smarter solutions because everywhere safety and security matter, we deliver.
We are currently looking for an Intern - Software Engineer (UX) to join the Thales Inflyt Experience team in Irvine.
The role of the Intern - Software Engineer (UX) will be to support the software UX team to assist in design and implementation of company's In-Flight Entertainment and Connectivity (IFEC) product suite. The ideal candidate must have an academic understanding of computer science fundamentals and some practical software design/development experience on Linux and/or Android Platforms. Candidates must be receptive to learning new skills in designing software. This mission critical position helps the design and implementation of complex systems that are deployed in many Boeing, Airbus, and other aircrafts.
* Work with design/requirements team to implement user interfaces according to specifications.
* Work with automated testing tools/scripting for validation of implementation.
* Design, implement, and test the software components that make up the IFEC distributed system
* Create proof-of-concepts as necessary to demonstrate new ideas and technologies
* Work in an AGILE environment for projects
* Support Software UX team to solve problems independently or/and under limited supervision in a time sensitive environment
Required Skills and Experience:
* Pursing Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science or similar field of study from a four-year college/university
* 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Knowledgeable in C/C , Python, Java and/or other programming languages
* Good understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts and design patterns, and abstraction methodology
* Familiarity with Android and Unix/Linux environments
* Familiarity with UI Technologies
* Experience in designing and creating software applications, libraries, APIs, and tools
* Familiarity with Software Design/Development Tools like IDEs, Test Frameworks, Source Control
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to interact and explain technical details with other engineering teams
* Self -motivated, critical thinker with technical background
* Ability to work independently as well as in teams with members of other engineering and non-engineering teams
Your contributions to Thales' cutting-edge products will make possible the continued delivery of excellence. If your skills, experience and attitude are a match and you are looking for exciting challenges, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch.
At Thales USA, we provide careers - not jobs.
Visit https://www.thalesgroup.com/careers to find our full list of open positions.
Thales is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
About Thales Group
Thales is a leading European group and a world-class supplier of electronics to the aerospace, defence and information technologies and services markets. Thales has 62,000 employees, 50 per cent of whom are based outside France. With a business presence in 50 countries, international markets account for 70 per cent of the Thales Group's revenues of nearly 8.6 billion Euros in 2000.